REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Oct. 14, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq: INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that its 11th annual user conference, Informatica World 2010, will feature a special keynote presentation from former Senior White House Advisor, United States Counterterrorism Czar and best-selling author Richard Clarke. On the first day of the November 2-4, 2010 conference to be held at the Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center in Washington, D.C., Clarke will present a fascinating take on counter and cyberterrorism and what both private and public organizations must do to confront risks today. This premier data integration industry event will also spotlight how to break down traditional barriers and move "Beyond Boundaries" — boundaries that separate project goals from project success, business from IT and organizations from the trustworthy, actionable and authoritative data they need.
Other keynote presenters at the event include Sohaib Abbasi, chairman and chief executive officer, Informatica; Ivan Chong, executive vice president, Data Quality, Informatica; Girish Pancha, executive vice president, Enterprise Data Integration, Informatica; and, Ron Swift, global vice president, Cross Industry Business Solutions, Teradata Corporation. These top executives will explore data integration challenges and best practices. Additionally, 1,300 customers, partners and integration experts are expected to converge to discuss how Informatica products and services enable success in traditional Enterprise Data Integration and beyond, with Data Quality, B2B Data Exchange, Cloud Data Integration, Application Information Lifecycle Management, Master Data Management (MDM), Complex Event Processing and Ultra Messaging. Informatica World will also have a special focus on public sector implementations relevant to government, healthcare, law enforcement, emergency response and defense organizations on Wednesday, November 3, 2010.
"Informatica World 2010 will offer organizations of all sizes and from all industries timely, relevant and trustworthy information on data integration challenges, implementation strategies and best practices," said Chris Boorman, chief marketing officer, Informatica. "At the end of the conference — with the captivating keynote presentations, customer- and expert-led breakout sessions, hands-on labs and more — attendees will have the necessary information to be able to return to their organizations, put the latest technology and industry developments in place and truly break beyond boundaries."
More than 70 breakout sessions and roundtable discussions, featuring industry gurus and Informatica experts, partners and customers, including Con-way, the Utah Department of Health, Westpac Group New Zealand Limited and many others, will provide intelligence, information and innovative approaches to data integration.
- Customized breakout session tracks will provide the technical detail, business strategy, and solution and implementation best practices to most effectively support business goals.
- Session paths will focus on financial services, healthcare, MDM and the public sector.
- Role-specific sessions are tailored to responsibilities for business sponsors and IT influencers, architects and practitioners.
- 50 percent of the sessions will be led by Informatica customers, highlighting real-world challenges and best practices with data integration.
In addition to discussions on the current and future states of data integration in visionary keynote presentations and more than 70 breakout sessions, Informatica World also offers:
- Hands-On Labs – Informatica experts will be ready to answer the most complex data integration questions and offer personalized help for attendees.
- Technology and Solutions Fair – Informatica's vast ecosystem of technology, business and consulting vendors will be on hand to help attendees get even more value from their Informatica investments.
- Birds-of-a-Feather Discussion Groups – Attendees can meet fellow technology experts and share tips, solutions and strategies during informal roundtable discussions.
- Informatica Global Education Breakfast Training Sessions – Education experts will provide sneak peeks of how to leverage key features, capabilities and best practices around the Informatica Platform to help ensure that attendees are prepared to meet their organizations' increasing business demands.
- After-Hours Networking Events – Attendees can meet fellow data integration professionals from around the globe and hear firsthand how others are using Informatica solutions to solve real-world business and IT challenges.
- Pre- and Post-Conference Education – An extensive schedule of in-depth courses will also be offered by Informatica Global Education Services before and after the show at a special rate for conference attendees.
At the show, Informatica will also recognize the winner of the Marketplace competition on the main stage with a short demonstration of the winning solution. Plans also include announcing and honoring the 2010 Informatica Innovation Award winners. The 2010 finalists, which include some of the largest names across various industries, demonstrate leadership and innovation in using the Informatica Platform to achieve exemplary business results and operational performance.
"Informatica World is an outstanding opportunity to learn about world-class data management and business intelligence best practices to accelerate business opportunities and decision-making," said Ron Swift, global vice president, Cross Industry Business Solutions, Teradata Corporation. "Virtually everyone that attends gains new knowledge from the presenters, the demonstrations, the case studies, the customers, the partners and particularly the Informatica Innovation Award winners."
Tweet this: Former White House Advisor Richard Clarke to Keynote at @InformaticaCorp's Informatica World #IW2010, Nov 2-4 in DC
For more information on Informatica World 2010 and to register, please visit . Additional information and regular updates can also be found on Twitter @infaworld, Facebook at and LinkedIn at .
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today's global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. More than 4,100 enterprises worldwide rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit . Connect with Informatica at , and .
Notes: Informatica and Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
Arrangements for the appearance of Richard Clarke made through Greater Talent Network, Inc. New York, NY.
CONTACT: Informatica Corporation Deborah Wiltshire +1 650 385 5360 Mobile: +1 650 862 8186 firstname.lastname@example.org Ogilvy PR David Friedman +1 303 634 2674 email@example.com