SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 18, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OpenTable, Inc. (Nasdaq:OPEN) (), a leading provider of free, real-time online restaurant reservations for diners and reservation and guest management solutions for restaurants, today announced the winners of its 2010 Diners' Choice Awards for Best Italian Cuisine. In time for National Italian American Heritage Month, this list of the best of the best spans 21 states and the District of Columbia, proving that no matter where you are in America, you aren't far from fabulous Italian dining.
"Italian is a comfort food for many Americans, topping the list of choices on almost any night out," said Caroline Potter, OpenTable 's Chief Dining Officer. "This year's Diners' Choice Awards for Best Italian restaurants showcase a variety of styles and dining experiences, from the neighborhood trattoria to the full-blown white tablecloth reception. Fans of Italian cuisine are sure to find some treasures on the list."
The list of winners is derived from more than 7 million reviews submitted by OpenTable diners for more than 12,000 restaurants in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Based on feedback collected from OpenTable diners between October 2009 and September 2010, the following 50 restaurants, listed in alphabetical order, received the highest scores from OpenTable diners, indicating that they were considered among the best restaurants for Italian food. For more information about this list, please visit .
- Acqua Restaurant & Wine Bar – White Bear Lake, MN
- Acquerello -- San Francisco, CA
- Andrea at Pelican Hill – Newport Coast, CA
- Bar La Grassa – Minneapolis, MN
- Bella Monica – Raleigh, NC
- Biba Restaurant – Sacramento, CA
- Boca Cincinnati -- Cincinnati, OH
- Bottega -- Birmingham, AL
- Bottega Napa Valley -- Yountville, CA
- Cafe Juanita – Kirkland, WA
- Casa D' Angelo -- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Cascina Spinasse – Seattle, WA
- Charlie Gitto's 'On the Hill' -- St. Louis, MS
- City House – Nashville, TN
- Del Posto – New York, NY
- Frasca Food and Wine – Boulder, CO
- Gabriel's Restaurant – Sedalia, CO
- Garozzo's Ristorante, Kansas City -- Kansas City, MO
- Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar – Westmont, NJ
- il Bistro Italiano – Grand Junction, CO
- Il Capriccio – Waltham, MA
- Il Mito Enoteca – Wauwatosa, WI
- Il Mulino, Las Vegas – Las Vegas, NV
- Il Mulino, Atlantic City -- Atlantic City, NJ
- La Ciccia -- San Francisco, CA
- La Medusa – Seattle, WA
- Luca D'Italia – Denver, CO
- Maggiano's, Indianapolis – Indianapolis, IN
- Maggiano's, Nashville – Nashville, TN
- Marea – New York, NY
- Michael Anthony's Cucina Italiana -- Hilton Head Island, SC
- Michaelangelo's – Cleveland, OH
- Napoli 2 – Town and Country, MO
- Nicola's Ristorante – Cincinnati, OH
- No. 9 Park – Boston, MA
- Osteria Mozza – Los Angeles, CA
- Pizzeria Mozza – Los Angeles, CA
- Primo – Rockland – Rockland, ME
- Ristorante Bartolotta – Wauwatosa, WI
- Ristorante Bonaroti -- Vienna, VA
- Scalini Fedeli – New York, NY
- Scalini Fedeli – Chatham, NJ
- Sorrento – Houston, TX
- Sugo – Clocktower Place – Roswell, GA
- Tempo Restaurant – Buffalo, NY
- Tosca Ristorante -- Washington, D.C.
- Trattoria Romana -- Boca Raton, FL
- Tuscany il Ristorante -- Westlake Village, CA
- Vetri – Philadelphia, PA
- Wild Olive – Johns Island, SC
For more information on Italian dining, please visit the "Dining Check" blog on OpenTable at .
About OpenTable, Inc.
OpenTable is a leading provider of free, real-time online restaurant reservations for diners and reservation and guest management solutions for restaurants. The OpenTable network delivers the convenience of online restaurant reservations to diners and the operational benefits of a computerized reservation book to restaurants. OpenTable has more than 14,000 restaurant customers, and, since its inception in 1998, has seated more than 160 million diners around the world. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. OpenTable also owns and operates toptable.com, a leading restaurant reservation site in the United Kingdom.
The OpenTable, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=6474
CONTACT: Just Drive Media (for OpenTable) Ali Croft (510) 932-1878 email@example.com