Msnbc.com is looking for an Associate HR Generalist Intern to join our team this summer. Under direct supervision, this position will be responsible for performing a wide variety of professional and administrative human resources activities in areas such as employment, benefits administration and training.
- Work with Recruiter, supporting all phases of recruiting function. This includes, partnering with hiring managers to implement and coordinate employment and recruiting efforts, including requisition administration, job advertisement, resume tracking and screening, interview coordination, interviewing candidates, reference checking, relocation and assisting with new hire orientation meeting to foster a positive entrance into msnbc.com. Ensure high quality and qualified candidate selection.
- Assist Trainer with reports, preparation of training materials and class set-up, and maintenance of internal employee communications.
- Assist with benefits administration which may include enrollment, termination, invoice processing and assisting employees with questions, claims and/or issues. Maintain insurance records and ensure compliance with reporting requirements. Process and coordinate necessary documentation for leaves of absence.
- Coordinate and/or assist with company event planning and employee morale events and award ordering.
- Update and maintain employment records and files utilizing HRIS tool and hard copy files.
- BA degree in Human Resources or related field
- 0-2 years relevant generalist HR experience
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication skills: written, oral, and inter-personal
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, handling frequent interruptions and shifting priorities
Ability to work independently and employ effective organizational and time management skills
- Advanced PC experience required in the following tools: Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook. PowerPoint experience helpful Ability to handle very sensitive information in a discreet, confidential manner
- Strong attention to detail
To apply for positions on our team, respond by email to . Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.