SYRACUSE, N.Y., Nov. 1, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Anaren, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANEN) announced today that it has launched a new line of low-cost resistive components designed specifically for commercial wireless bands such as GSM, 3G, 4G, LTE, and popular narrow bands between DC to 6GHz. The line of SMD, chip, flanged, and flangeless components also offers compact packaging (as small as 0.05" x 0.1"), RoHS-compliant materials, and electrical performance advantages like high-power handling (up to 250W) and low return loss that are so important to next-gen base-station equipment providers.
With the new line, Anaren is moving from a resistive components offering which caters to all potential markets -- in order to focus on delivering design, performance, and cost advantages specific to the commercial wireless, high volume/low cost segment. Meantime, Anaren's legacy resistive parts still popular for military and instrumentation applications will remain in full production.
"For this new generation of 'wireless' resistive parts, we basically went back to the drawing board to design a smaller, higher-performing family of components better suited for today's hotter-running, higher-performance wireless applications," says Bo Jensen, the product line manager responsible for the new line within Anaren's Wireless Group. "In the process, we engaged our customers on the subject of pricing, and, in response, saw this redesign as an opportunity to also drive cost out of the equation through innovative use of materials, procurement choices, and state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques."
The result, says Jensen, is a product line that strikes "a balance of both performance and cost considerations."
In total, Anaren's new family of wireless resistive components offers the following advantages:
- Specifically designed for commercial wireless bands -- with individual parts covering all popular bands from DC to 6GHz. GSM, 3G, 4G, LTE, among others.
- Higher power-handling in ever-smaller packages -- including a 0.05 x 0.10" termination that handles 15W.
- A range of packages including SMD, chip, flanged, and flangeless – offering the OEM additional design flexibility.
- Environmentally friendly materials and construction -- BeO-free AlN and Alumina designs and lead-free tin finish help the OEM comply with RoHS and other global 'green' standards and regulations.
- Accurate characterization of performance – which enables design engineers to specify the parts with confidence and without having to overcompensate by specifying a costlier, higher-rated part.
- Extremely cost-competitive pricing -- Anaren's unique product designs and manufacturing techniques help OEMs hit their own aggressive cost targets, while ensuring a quality product.
- Each component is backed by 40+ years of RF and microwave engineering experience – and deep experience in manufacturing ceramic resistive products.
As with other Anaren standard components targeted to the wireless market, this new line is available through the Company's authorized, stocking distributors: Richardson Electronics (worldwide), Avnet (Asia), and BFI Optilas (Europe).
Design engineers interested in learning more about Anaren's new family of low-cost, high-performance resistive components for wireless infrastructure applications – including access to datasheets, S-parameters, RoHS documentation, samples, or pricing -- are encouraged to visit the Company's website at or email email@example.com
ABOUT ANAREN: An innovative leader in microwave and RF technology, Anaren designs and manufactures complex components and subsystems for defense, satellite, wireless, and consumer electronics markets. To learn more, visit www.anaren.com
The Anaren, Inc. logo is available at
CONTACT: Anaren, Inc. John Hoeschele, Mktg. Comm. / Gov't Rel. Mgr. 315.432.8909 firstname.lastname@example.org