MORRIS PLAINS, N.J., Nov. 11, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Immunomedics, Inc. (Nasdaq:IMMU), a biopharmaceutical company primarily focused on the development of monoclonal, antibody-based products for the targeted treatment of cancer, autoimmune and other serious diseases, today announced that 7 presentations involving 6 of its product candidates have been accepted for presentation at the 52nd American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting, scheduled for December 4 - 7, 2010, in Orlando, FL. The abstracts include oral and poster presentations across a spectrum of hematologic malignancies and autoimmune diseases. The schedule and meeting places for the presentations, together with the publication and board numbers, are listed below:
- "Depletion of Blood Antigen-Presenting Cells by IMMU-114: Therapeutic Potential Against Graft-Versus-Host Disease." [Publication No. 2544, Poster Session: Experimental Transplantation – GVHD and GVL: Poster I, Sunday, December 5, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Poster Board II-424, Hall A3/A4, Orange County Convention Center]
- "A Phase I Study of Milatuzumab, a Humanized Anti-CD74 Antibody, and Veltuzumab, a Humanized Anti-CD20 Antibody, in Patients with Relapsed and Refractory B-Cell Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma." [Publication No. 2788, Poster Session: Lymphoma – Chemotherapy, excluding Pre-Clinical Models: Poster II, Sunday, December 5, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Poster Board II-668, Hall A3/A4, Orange County Convention Center]
- "Milatuzumab Improves Efficacy of Current Treatments for B-Cell Malignancies." [Publication No. 2837, Poster Session: Lymphoma – Pre-Clinical – Chemotherapy and Biologic Agents: Poster I, Sunday, December 5, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Poster Board II-717, Hall A3/A4, Orange County Convention Center]
- "Consolidation Anti-CD22 Fractionated Radioimmunotherapy with 90Y Epratuzumab Tetraxetan Following R-CHOP In Elderly DLBCL Patients." [Publication No. 2875, Poster Session: Lymphoma – Therapy with Biologic Agents, excluding Pre-Clinical Models: Poster II, Sunday, December 5, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Poster Board II-755, Hall A3/A4, Orange County Convention Center]
- "CD74 Expression by AML Cell Lines and Bone Marrow Specimens, and Augmented In Vitro Cytotoxicity of Anti-CD74 Antibody After Interferon-Gamma (IFN-Gamma) Treatment." [Publication No. 2888. Poster Session: Molecular Pharmacology, Drug Resistance: Poster II, Sunday, December 5, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Poster Board II-768, Hall A3/A4, Orange County Convention Center]
- "Combination Biologic Therapy as Initial Treatment for Follicular Lymphoma: Initial Results From CALGB 50701 – a Phase II Trial of Extended Induction Epratuzumab (anti-CD22) and Rituximab (anti-CD20)." [Publication No. 427, Oral Session: Lymphoma – Therapy with Biologic Agents, excluding Pre-Clinical Models: Immunotherapy for Indolent Lymphoma, Monday, December 6, 10:30 am, 311 EFGH, Orange County Convention Center]
- "Epratuzumab (Humanized Anti-CD22 MAb) Conjugated with SN-38, a New Antibody-Drug Conjugate (ADC) for the Treatment of Hematologic Tumors: Preclinical Studies Alone and In Combination with Veltuzumab, a Humanized Anti-CD20 MAb." [Publication No. 3941, Poster Session: Lymphoma – Pre-Clinical – Chemotherapy and Biologic Agents: Poster II, Monday, December 6, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Poster Board III-720, Hall A3/A4, Orange County Convention Center]
Immunomedics is a New Jersey-based biopharmaceutical company primarily focused on the development of monoclonal, antibody-based products for the targeted treatment of cancer, autoimmune and other serious diseases. We have developed a number of advanced proprietary technologies that allow us to create humanized antibodies that can be used either alone in unlabeled or "naked" form, or conjugated with radioactive isotopes, chemotherapeutics, cytokines or toxins, in each case to create highly targeted agents. Using these technologies, we have built a pipeline of therapeutic product candidates that utilize several different mechanisms of action. We also have a majority ownership in IBC Pharmaceuticals, Inc., which is developing a novel Dock-and-Lock (DNL) methodology with us for making fusion proteins and multifunctional antibodies, and a new method of delivering imaging and therapeutic agents selectively to disease, especially different solid cancers (colorectal, lung, pancreas, etc.), by proprietary, antibody-based, pretargeting methods. We believe that our portfolio of intellectual property, which includes approximately 154 patents issued in the United States and more than 375 other patents issued worldwide, protects our product candidates and technologies. For additional information on us, please visit our website at . The information on our website does not, however, form a part of this press release.
This release, in addition to historical information, may contain forward-looking statements made pursuant to the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements, including statements regarding clinical trials, out-licensing arrangements (including the timing and amount of contingent payments), forecasts of future operating results, and capital raising activities, involve significant risks and uncertainties and actual results could differ materially from those expressed or implied herein. Factors that could cause such differences include, but are not limited to, risks associated with new product development (including clinical trials outcome and regulatory requirements/actions), our dependence on our licensing partners for the further development of epratuzumab for autoimmune indications and veltuzumab for non-cancer indications, competitive risks to marketed products and availability of required financing and other sources of funds on acceptable terms, if at all, as well as the risks discussed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company is not under any obligation, and the Company expressly disclaims any obligation, to update or alter any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
CONTACT: Immunomedics, Inc. Dr. Chau Cheng, Director, Investor Relations & Grant Management (973) 605-8200, extension 123 email@example.com