We’re looking for a great intern to join msnbc.com’s Platform Experience Development team. As an intern at msnbc.com, you’ll work closely with the seasoned developers to develop innovative applications and tools that allow our editorial staff to create the best news sites in the business
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science or related field
- Rock solid technical skills – your classmates and professors would describe you as one of the great ones. We understand that you are just beginning your career, so attitude and aptitude are the things that really matter to us. You are well on your way to becoming fluent in a development language of your choice (C#, C++, Java).
- Excellent communication skills – both written and spoken. Good ideas aren’t very useful if they get stuck inside your head.
- Team player – We develop projects with small teams. If you’re a loner or can’t play well with others, you won’t last long.
- Proven ability to get things done
Specific attributes that will set you apart from the competition
- Experience in the Microsoft development stack (Visual Studio, C#, .NET, Silverlight)
- Passion for creating user interfaces
Other reasons to consider msnbc.com
- You’re tired of working classroom projects that get thrown away as soon as they are graded. Our monthly unique users are measured in tens of millions and our monthly page views are measured in billions.
- You don’t want to become a cog in a giant corporation. As an independent joint venture between Microsoft and NBC Universal, we’re small enough that an individual can make a significant impact.
- You’re a news junkie.
To apply for positions on our team, respond by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.