SAN DIEGO, Dec. 15, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- City National Bank, California's Premier Private and Business Bank®, announced today that it has hired six new branch managers to lead its growing network of banking offices in the San Diego region.
These new branch managers will spearhead the delivery of City National's small business, personal and preferred banking services in San Diego, and they will work alongside the company's strong team of commercial and private bankers.
City National has acquired two San Diego-based banks from the FDIC during the past year. In December 2009, the company acquired Imperial Capital Bank. Then, on May 7, 2010, it acquired 1st Pacific Bank. The second acquisition added five new local branches to City National's previous total of three.
City National now has branches in: Carlsbad, Downtown San Diego, El Cajon, Inland North County, La Jolla, La Jolla Village, Mission Valley and Solana Beach. City National plans to hire about two dozen new colleagues, including the new branch managers, to better serve clients and communities in San Diego.
"San Diego is home to thousands of small businesses, and City National – which was founded by entrepreneurs – is especially well-equipped to serve them," said Christopher L. Crockett, senior vice president and regional manager of City National's branch banking division in San Diego. "We combine the personal service and local knowledge of a community bank with the sophisticated advice and financial solutions of a larger institution."
City National has been doing business in San Diego since 1979 and today employs more than 130 people in the region. The county is home to City National's 401(k) administration program, which oversees investment assets of roughly $4.2 billion for companies nationwide.
"These new colleagues have strong roots in the San Diego community and their addition underscores City National's continuing commitment to the entire region," said Kevin Dunigan, executive vice president and branch banking division manager.
The new branch managers are:
- Brenda Zimmerman, vice president and branch manager for City National's Carlsbad branch. She has more than 20 years experience in the financial services industry. She worked at Wachovia Bank, as a vice president and financial sales leader in San Diego and Orange Counties, and at Wells Fargo, where she was a vice president and program director.
- Tony DiVita, senior vice president and branch manager for City National's University Town Center branch in La Jolla. He has more than 30 years of experience and was formerly regional manager and director of marketing for 1st Pacific Bank in San Diego. A San Diego native, DiVita is involved in Project Concern International and the Warren Walker School Parent Assn.
- Jennifer Harter, vice president and branch manager of City National Bank's La Jolla branch. She was formerly with U.S. Bank/San Diego National Bank and has been a community banker in San Diego for many years. Harter is involved with the La Jolla Historical Society, the American Heart Assn. and the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority Small Business Lending Program.
- Mark Loftus, vice president and branch manager of City National Bank's Inland North County branch. Loftus was formerly with Wachovia, where he was a vice president, financial sales leader and small business specialist. He is involved with Scripps Ranch Old Pros and Friends of Cardiff and Carlsbad State Beaches.
- Ciro Villa, vice president and branch manager of City National's downtown San Diego branch. He has more than 15 years of experience in the financial services industry and was formerly with U.S. Bank/San Diego National Bank and CitiBank. He is treasurer of the San Ysidro Business Assn.
- Josh Cohen, vice president and branch manager for City National's El Cajon branch. He has more than a decade of banking experience and was formerly with Silvergate Bank, U.S./San Diego National Bank, where he was a branch manager, and Washington Mutual, where he was a financial consultant. He is involved with Embrace, a nonprofit that promotes physical wellness programs in underprivileged communities.
(For an image of the new branch managers, go to)
(For a group picture)
Left to Right (back row) Tony DiVita, Jennifer Harter. (front row) Mark Loftus, Brenda Zimmerman and Ciro Villa. Also included are two existing branch managers, Barbara Eltzroth and Penny Duane.
About City National
City National Bank is the wholly owned subsidiary of City National Corporation (NYSE:CYN). It is backed by $21.8 billion in total assets, and provides banking, investment and trust services through 74 offices, including 17 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada and New York City. The company and its investment affiliates manage or administer $56.9 billion in client investment assets, including nearly $36 billion under direct management.
For more information about City National, visit the company's Website at cnb.com.
The City National Bank logo is available at
CONTACT: City National Bank Media Contact: Debora Vrana 213.673.7631 Debora.Vrana@cnb.com