NEW YORK, Dec. 21, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Epiq Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:EPIQ), a leading provider of technology solutions for the legal profession, will conduct a two-part E-Discovery SuperSession at the ALM 2011 LegalTech conference. The panel sessions will be held on Tuesday, February 1, 2011, beginning at 9:00 a.m. eastern time at the Hilton, New York, NY.
Industry thought leaders from global law firms, corporations, the judiciary and Epiq Systems will participate in two panel discussions focusing on "The Globalization of eDiscovery." The first panel will address new fraud and corruption legislation that is being introduced and increasingly enforced around the globe and will propose solutions for managing cross-border regulatory investigations and international e-discovery. The second panel will discuss evolving strategies for managing and reviewing increasing data volumes while controlling costs, maintaining defensibility and adhering to emerging global requirements.
The combined sessions will provide up to 3.5 CLE credits to qualified attendees. Panel times and participants for the two sessions are:
9:00 a.m. - Navigating the Challenges of Cross-Border Regulatory Investigations
- Moderator: Greg Wildisen, International Managing Director, Epiq Systems, London
- David Cracknell, Senior Associate, Slaughter and May, London
- Jeremy Maltby, Partner, O'Melveny & Myers LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Professor Dominic Regan, Visiting Professor of Law, City University, London
- Guy Singer, Partner, Government Investigations/White Collar, Fulbright & Jaworski LLP, New York
10:45 a.m. - Managing a Global Review While Minimizing Risk
- Moderator: Laura Kibbe, Senior Vice President, Epiq Systems, New York
- Marla Bergman, Vice President, Legal and Internal Audit, Goldman Sachs, New York
- Neil Mirchandani, Partner, Securities, Investment Banking and Funds Litigation, Hogan Lovells International LLP, London
- Hon. Andrew J. Peck, United States Magistrate Judge, New York
- Master Whitaker, Senior Master, Supreme Court of England and Wales, London
"In the current global economic climate, clients are looking for e-discovery providers to serve in a heightened role to help assess risk, control costs through data reduction strategies and manage information and workflow to ensure a defensible outcome," said Laura Kibbe, Senior Vice President, Epiq Systems. "This distinguished panel, assembled with representatives from the United States and the United Kingdom, will explore strategies in the context of cross-border investigations and global reviews."
About Epiq Systems
Epiq Systems is a leading global provider of integrated technology solutions for the legal profession. Our solutions streamline the administration of bankruptcy, litigation, financial transactions and regulatory compliance matters. We offer innovative technology solutions for electronic discovery, document review, legal notification, claims administration and controlled disbursement of funds. Our clients include leading law firms, corporate legal departments, bankruptcy trustees, governmental agencies, mortgage processors, financial institutions and professional advisors who require innovative technology, responsive service and deep subject-matter expertise.
The Epiq Systems, Inc. logo is available at
CONTACT: Epiq Systems, Inc. Investor Relations: Lew Schroeber, Vice President, Investor Relations 913-621-9500 email@example.com Media Relations: Cindy Morgan-Olson firstname.lastname@example.org www.epiqsystems.com