NEW YORK, Dec. 22, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Newtek Business Services, Inc. (Nasdaq:NEWT), TheSmall Business Authority - a provider of SBA backed small business loans plus an array of other products and services to over 100,000 small to medium-sized customer accounts across the U.S. - responded to the Senate's passage on Tuesday of a Continuing Resolution (CR) that contains an extension of the SBA's authority to give borrowers fee waivers and to offer higher (90%) guarantees on 7(a) loans until March 4, 2011. It is expected that the House will accept the Senate version of the CR.
"It's a significant benefit for small business borrowers and we believe these are very positive signs of the strengthening of the small business community going into the New Year," says Barry Sloane, CEO, President and Chairman for Newtek Business Services. "This legislation allows the SBA to continue to provide access to capital for business owners who are most in need and will help to foster economic growth directly in the communities where these businesses are based."
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Newtek Business Services, Inc.,, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the NewtekTM brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today's marketplace. Newtek currently provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the NewtekTM brand as a one-stop-shop provider of such business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 29.6 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Newtek's business service lines include:
- eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- : Full-service web host which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- : a suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- : Customized web design and development services.
- : Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- : Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Complete payroll management and processing services.
For more information, please visit .
Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek's beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions which could cause Newtek's actual results to differ from management's current expectations are contained in Newtek's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through .
CONTACT: Rubenstein Public Relations Adam Mazur (212) 843-8073 firstname.lastname@example.org