HONG KONG, Jan. 17, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- City Telecom (H.K.) Limited (HKSE:1137) (Nasdaq:CTEL) is pleased to announce our participation in the following Credit Suisse conferences:
Presentation Topic: Fibre Renaissance
- Hong Kong's mature household 85% broadband penetration hides the fact that Fibre-To-The-Home penetration is only 35% ... we are actually in a high growth Fibre Renaissance era similar to the mobile transition from 2G to 3G.
- How CTEL captured 93% of the net market growth in broadband subscriptions during FY2010 … and how it will harvest this critical mass towards guidance of 24% year-on-year growth in EBITDA to HK$580 million for FY2011.
- How CTEL makes money from selling 1Gbps for US$26/month … at this price point, consumers are asking "Why not 1Gbps?" rather than "Why do I need 1Gbps?"
- Free TV over Fibre … CTEL's next growth driver?
- Why CTEL embraces over the top content … whereas traditional carriers are afraid of this inevitable industry wave.
About the Credit Suisse Global Media & Communications Convergence Conference
A leading Media, Internet, and Telecommunications conference for investors, companies, and industry thought leaders. The conference will consist of presentations by over 100 global companies, and will be limited to roughly 250 professional investors from North America, Europe, and Asia.
About the Credit Suisse Asia Investment Conference
Since 1998, investors in the region's markets have come to recognize the Credit Suisse Asian Investment Conference (AIC) as the leading event for discovering tomorrow's opportunities. In 2010, the conference attracted over 2,000 investors and 260 corporates.
About City Telecom/Hong Kong Broadband Network Limited
Established in 1992, City Telecom (H.K.) Limited (HKSE:1137) (Nasdaq:CTEL) provides integrated telecommunications services in Hong Kong via its own self-built fibre network. City Telecom's wholly-owned subsidiary, Hong Kong Broadband Network Limited (HKBN), is the fastest growing broadband service provider in Hong Kong. HKBN offers a diversified portfolio of innovative products that service over 1,027,000 subscriptions for broadband, local telephony and IP-TV. The Company has built a solid market position with top-of-the-line applications and practices enabling it substantial growth. The company takes great pride in developing its over 3,000 Talent force into a competitive advantage. Additional information on City Telecom can be found at www.ctigroup.com.hk
CONTACT: City Telecom Contact Ms. Jessie Cheng, Corporate Communications Tel: +852 3145 4118 Fax: +852 2199 8372 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ms. Peggy Chan, Investor Engagement Tel: +852 3145 6068 Fax: +852 2199 8655 Email: email@example.com