NEW YORK, Jan. 18, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Newtek Business Services, (Nasdaq:NEWT), The Small Business Authority , has announced that it has formally introduced its new website, . The goal of The Small Business Authority branding strategy is to establish thesba.com as the online destination spot for small business. There are 27 million small businesses in the United States, which represent 51% of non-farm GDP and 99.7% of all employer firms.
"Powered by Newtek, thesba.com will become the destination on the Internet for small business owners," remarked Barry Sloane, President, CEO and Chairman of Newtek Business Services. "If Wal-Mart is where America shops and Google is where America searches, then thesba.com is where independent business owners come for ideas to grow their sales, reduce their business expenses, and reduce their business risk."
Unique features of thesba.com that have impact on small business owners include:
- Free monthly newsletter for independent small business owners
- The SB authority Small Business Index
- The SB authority Market Sentiment Survey
- Regular news reports and updates about the economy for the small business owner
- Informative and engaging SB authority informational videos
- Pertinent information on acquiring products and services for independent business owners to prosper
The new website will include current state-of-the art small business news, monthly measurement of the small business economy, monthly measurement of small business owners' market sentiment, monthly SB University tips for business owners, cost savings and discounts on small business products and services, and the latest news out of Washington, D.C. or State government affecting independent business owners.
Mr. Sloane continues, "The Small Business Authority through its new website thesba.com will be supporting the business community with a forum to learn, educate, and exchange ideas with other business owners by providing blogging space for independent business owners and writers. The sharing of information, ideas, and thoughts amongst members of this community is invaluable to those interested in studying and learning the dynamics of what is occurring to business owners across America."
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Newtek Business Services, The Small Business Authority , provides the following products and services:
- eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- : Full-service web host which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- : A suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- : Customized web design and development services.
- : Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- : Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Complete payroll management and processing services.
Newtek Business Services, Inc.,, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the NewtekTM brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today's marketplace. Newtek provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the NewtekTM brand as a one-stop-shop provider of such business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 29.6 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek's beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions which could cause Newtek's actual results to differ from management's current expectations are contained in Newtek's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through .
CONTACT: Rubenstein Public Relations Telephone: (212) 843-8073 Adam Mazur / firstname.lastname@example.org