BIRMINGHAM, Mich., Jan. 20, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The National Arab American Medical Association (NAAMA) announces the results of the 2011 election of officers and board members and for the NAAMA Foundation board of trustees, effective January 1, 2011:
- President: Mouhanad Hammami, MD, of Livonia, MI, chief health operations office for Wayne County, MI
- President-Elect: Aziz Shaibani, MD, of Houston, TX, neuromuscular specialist at the Nerve and Muscle Center of Texas
- Vice President: Nasser Abusitta, MD, of Great Falls, VA, emergency medicine specialist
- Executive Secretary: Rouba Ali-Fehmi, MD, of Franklin, MI, pathologist at Wayne State University
- Chief Financial Officer: Elie Azrak, MD, of Chesterfield, MO, cardiologist with St. Louis Cardiology
- Board Members: Haifa Azawi, MD, of Paramount, CA, obstetrician and gynecologist with New Women Medical Care and Research Center; Hoda Makkawi, MD, of Fairfax, VA, family practitioner and alternative medicine specialist; and Terry Meriden, MD, of Peoria, IL, endocrinologist.
They join immediate past president, Saad Bitar, MD, cardiologist with St. Louis Cardiology, and continuing board members: Mahmoud Aqel, MD, of Wayne, NJ, specialist in internal medicine; Fadi Bashour, MD, of Westlake, OH, obstetrician and gynecologist; Basim Dubaybo, MD, of West Bloomfield, MI, internal medicine specialist and director of Medical Education at St. John Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI; Wafa Dahdal, PharmD, of Darien, IL, registered pharmacist and associate director of professional development for the American College of Clinical Pharmacy; Nicola Hanania, MD, of Sugar Land, TX, internal medicine specialist; and Mazin Sabri, MD, of Anaheim, CA, orthopedic surgeon.
Elected to serve on the NAAMA Foundation Board of Trustees are: Rodwan Rajjoub, MD, of Williamsport, PA, neurosurgeon; and Suad Shuber, MD, of Chicago, IL, obstetrician and gynecologist. Both are former NAAMA presidents. They join continuing trustees: Foundation Chair Hareth Raddawi, MD, of Oak Brook, IL, gastroenterologist; Eid Mustafa, MD, of Wichita Falls, TX, plastic and reconstructive surgeon; Bashar Kashlan, MD, of Chicago, IL, anatomic and clinical pathologist; and Foundation Secretary/Treasurer Elias Tawil, MD, of Pittsburg, KS, urologist.
Founded in 1975, NAAMA is a non-profit professional, educational and humanitarian organization for Arab American physicians, dentists, pharmacists and other licensed healthcare professionals. NAAMA's nearly 1,500 members across the United States in 27 chapters represent multiple medical specialties and Arab ethnicities.
For more information about NAAMA, visit or phone 248-646-3661.
CONTACT: Renee Ahee, Executive Director 248-646-3661 firstname.lastname@example.org