IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Two Kids Treated For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Released From Hospital

Two kids hospitalized in Louisville, after their sister apparently died from carbon monixide poisoning, were released from the hospital on Saturday.
/ Source: WLEX-TV

Two kids hospitalized in Louisville, after their sister apparently died from carbon monixide poisoning, were released from the hospital on Saturday.

The Franklin County Coroner told LEX 18, the Scruggs family was moving from West Virginia to Indiana, and while driivng along I-64, they noticed their three children were acting irritated. The kids were taken to Frankfort Regional Medical Center and were unconscious upon arrival.

The coroner pronounced 15-month-old Brienna Scruggs dead. Her siblings were taken to Kosair Children's Hospital in Louisville, where they were treated and released.

An autopsy was performed on Brienna Scrugss Saturday, but the coroner says he will not release the preliminary results until next week. He told LEX 18 on Friday that he believed the young girl died from carbon monoxide poisoning.