BERKELEY HEIGHTS, N.J., Feb. 7, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Genta Incorporated (OTCBB:GNTA) announced today that the Company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Raymond P. Warrell, Jr., will provide a company overview and update of corporate activities at the 13th annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference. The presentation is scheduled for Monday, February 14, 2011 at 10:00 am ET at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, New York, NY.
Genta Incorporated is a biopharmaceutical company with a diversified product portfolio that is focused on delivering innovative products for the treatment of patients with cancer. The Company is developing tesetaxel, a novel, orally absorbed taxane that is in the same class of drugs as paclitaxel and docetaxel. As the leading oral taxane in clinical development, tesetaxel has been evaluated in a broad program of completed or ongoing Phase 2a/Phase 2b clinical trials. The Company has announced that gastric (stomach) cancer will be the lead indication for Phase 3 registration studies. Genasense® (oblimersen sodium) Injection is a modified DNA-based antisense drug that may enhance the effectiveness of anticancer therapy. Genta has completed enrollment in a randomized, double-blind Phase 3 study of Genasense® in patients with advanced melanoma, known as "AGENDA". Genta is exclusively marketing Ganite® (gallium nitrate injection) in the U.S., which is indicated for treatment of symptomatic patients with cancer-related hypercalcemia that is resistant to hydration. The Company has developed proprietary oral formulations of the active ingredient in Ganite® that are being evaluated as potential treatments for diseases associated with accelerated bone loss. Ganite® and Genasense® are available on a "named-patient" basis in countries outside the United States. For more information about Genta, please visit our website at: .
This press release may contain forward-looking statements with respect to business conducted by Genta Incorporated. By their nature, forward-looking statements and forecasts involve risks and uncertainties because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future. Such forward-looking statements include those that express plan, anticipation, intent, contingency, goals, targets, or future developments and/or otherwise are not statements of historical fact. The words "potentially", "anticipate", "could", "calls for", and similar expressions also identify forward-looking statements. The Company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements. Factors that could affect actual results include, without limitation, risks associated with:
- the Company's ability to obtain necessary regulatory approval for its product candidates from regulatory agencies, such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the European Medicines Agency;
- the safety and efficacy of the Company's products or product candidates;
- the timing of the commencement and completion of any clinical trials;
- the Company's assessment of its clinical trials;
- the Company's ability to develop, manufacture, license, or sell its products or product candidates;
- the Company's ability to enter into and successfully execute any license and collaborative agreements;
- the adequacy of the Company's capital resources and cash flow projections, or the Company's ability to obtain sufficient financing to maintain the Company's planned operations;
- the adequacy of the Company's patents and proprietary rights;
- the impact of litigation that has been brought against the Company; and
- the other risks to the Company's Business as described in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q.
There are a number of factors that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially. For a discussion of those risks and uncertainties, please see the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for 2009 and its most recent quarterly report on Form 10-Q.
CONTACT: Genta Investor Relations 908-286-3980 firstname.lastname@example.org