SOUTHAVEN, Miss., Feb. 9, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment Inc. (), opens the doors to its fourth North Mississippi Children's Consignment Event this Friday. This incredible shopping event for families is being held Friday, Feb 11 – Sunday, Feb 13 at The Arena at Southaven, on Highway 51 in Southaven, MS.
"Our events offer one-stop shopping and great merchandise for bargain-conscious moms, grandmoms and moms-to-be," said Amy Dover, local owner of Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment. "We have hundreds of consignors and shoppers who will find incredible deals for their families at the same time they are saving money."
The company is collecting items and organizing merchandise today and tomorrow in anticipation of the big event. Items of particular interest during the February sale are:
- Baby beds & baby furniture
- Strollers & car seats
- Books, games, toys & bikes
- Name brand and boutique brand children's and maternity clothing items
Founded in Conway, Arkansas in 1997, Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment has hosted semi-annual events throughout the United States for more than 13 years. The sales across the country draw thousands of shoppers and consignors seeking the cost-savings of purchasing and selling high quality used Children's Clothing.
Consignors participating in Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment events reap a number of benefits from the company's unique approach. Consignors can:
- Select the price of each item they select to sell in Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment events.
- Choose whether they want to sell items for half price on the final days of the sale.
- Track the sale of each item in real time using an innovative bar-coding system developed by the company.
- Earn 70% of the sale price, up to 80% with referrals, and be paid the same week the item is sold.
- Relax knowing he/she is guaranteed that the item won't be lost and that he/she will receive payment for it or he/she may choose to donate or retrieve it.
Shoppers visiting Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment events benefit from a huge selection of high-quality, gently used children's merchandise including:
- Spring and Summer name brand and boutique brand children's, teen and maternity clothing items
- Great buys on children's furniture such as cribs, dressers, changing tables and rocking chairs
- A large selection of nursery bedding, maternity clothing, nursing accessories, infant equipment (such as strollers, high chairs, car seats and portable cribs), as well as toys, children's books, video games and sports accessories.
Needy Families Win
"One of the most fulfilling things we do after each event is to donate hundreds of lovely children's items to non-profit organizations who give them directly to families in need in our community," explained Dover.
"We feel blessed to be able to provide this service to families in North Mississippi," said Dover . "Not only are we giving families a chance to de-clutter closets and earn money for their gently used items, we are also giving parent volunteers an opportunity to connect and network with other moms and dads in their area."
About Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment Events
Headquartered in Conway, Arkansas, Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment hosts semi-annual sales through 40 franchise operations in 15 states. The semi-annual events draw thousands of shoppers and consignors across the country seeking the cost-savings of purchasing and selling high quality used children's clothing, furniture, toys and children's merchandise. The company is the first consignment sale in the country to offer on-line management and real-time tracking of merchandise through a computerized inventory system. The company has recently released its own Rhea Lana's Mobile App to aid consignors in tracking sales. Founder, Rhea Lana Riner, who began this business in her living room, has recently won a Finalist Award from Enterprising Women, a national publication and foundation. Their goal is to recognize women entrepreneurs with rapidly growing companies who are committed to their communities and to mentoring other women in business.
For more information on Rhea Lana's Children's Consignment events, please visit the company's web site at . For more information on franchising opportunities with Rhea Lana's, please call 501-336-4492 or visit
This information was brought to you by Cision
The following pictures are available for download: