FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich., Feb. 23, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In the ever-evolving world of app-based technology, ShowDocument.com releases new capabilities and user tools, based on users' feedback. "Our apps are the driving force behind our platform, allowing our users to pick their best method for collaboration, web meetings and document sharing," says CEO Yuval Moed. The new release includes the ShowDocument App Center, which allows users to select the apps they wish to use, an open API to invite users to develop their own apps, a Dashboard functionality that eliminates the need to be logged in via a browser, a Browser Add-on to allow quick access to ShowDocument sessions from browsers, and access to sessions from Android-based mobile devices. Here's a snapshot of the newest ShowDocument capabilities:
- Apps Center: Collaboration apps are available now in ShowDocument's Apps Center. Here, users identify and locate Web meeting apps that fit their needs. This functionality uniquely reflects ShowDocument's new user-based approach to collaborative work online and mimics the ways in which users choose applications for smartphones and tablets.
- Community API: Users can now create their own applications. The ShowDocument Apps' API is an invaluable resource for those with some programming experience (particularly ActionScript) who want to create new, innovative applications for the ShowDocument collaboration suite to meet their needs. See the developers' page for more information on building ShowDocument applications.
- ShowDocument Dashboard: The ShowDocument Dashboard allows users to access sessions and be available for calls, without having to be logged into a browser. The ShowDocument Dashboard is available via download. Once installed, a ShowDocument icon displays on the user's desktop navigation bar.
- Browser Add-on: The ShowDocument Browser Add-on is a simpler and faster way to access the platform from a Web browser. Once installed, a ShowDocument icon appears in the browser menu bar. The ShowDocument Browser Add-on is available in the Browser Add-on page. For Google ChromeTM users, ShowDocument introduces a Chrome Web Store App, which provides similar functionality.
- Mobile Capabilities: Mobile meeting capabilities now available! ShowDocument Mobile allows users to view and participate in Web meeting sessions from mobile devices, view ShowDocument content, participant list, and even chat live through smartphones and other mobile devices.
ShowDocument Mobile is compatible with all Android 2.2 (or above) devices and is available via download in the Android Market on Android mobile devices (search for ShowDocument) or by using the QR code or direct link to the market, available on the ShowDocument Mobile page. Blackberry and iPhone versions are in development and will be available soon.
HBR Labs, parent company to ShowDocument.com and VeriShow.com, was founded in 2007 to develop and market advanced, simple-to-use, web-based collaboration solutions so companies and individuals can communicate and collaborate effectively. The team is led by CEO Yuval Moed and CTO Zeev Halevi, with support from a number of Michigan-based private investment groups including Lis Ventures and Gal-Mar. The company's R&D facilities are located in Haifa, Israel; its corporate headquarters are located in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
For information or to arrange a virtual tour or interview, please contact Lynne Schreiber's personal cell phone at 248:376:0406 or email .
For publication purposes, please include the following information: , .
Your People LLC
This information was brought to you by Cision