REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 15, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced that UMass Memorial Health Care, the largest health care system in Central and Western Massachusetts, is using Informatica EMR Data Migration Foundation as a key component of its Cornerstone initiative, which is the name given to the five-year, $140M effort to replace clinical and financial applications throughout the health system’s five hospitals and dozens of ambulatory care facilities.
- The multi-year Cornerstone initiative is aimed at overhauling UMass Memorial’s core operational and clinical applications, including replacing financial systems, implementing new inpatient clinical systems, continuing the rollout of an enterprise-wide ambulatory electronic health records, and implementing a clinical data repository platform to aggregate and share clinical information within and between care organizations.
- UMass Memorial selected Informatica for its proven ability to reduce the risks inherent in core application modernization overhauls - ensuring that only trusted data is migrated minimizing negative impacts to existing clinical workflows, and ensuring clinicians have ready access to complete and valid patient records.
- Specifically, Informatica provides UMass Memorial with a systematic data migration methodology and comprehensive data integration and data quality platform that:
- The efficient and repeatable migration process enabled by Informatica:
- UMass Memorial began using Informatica to profile existing sources of clinical data and put in place data quality rules that have been instrumental in ensuring the quality of data being migrated from legacy applications to new systems is done in an accurate, reliable manner.
- UMass Memorial is now using Informatica to support the migration of 4.9M patients contained in five legacy registration applications to a single, enterprise registration system. This involves analyzing, harmonizing and migrating more than 20 years of patient demographic and insurance information stored in UMass Memorial’s existing MEDITECH systems.
Tweet this: UMass Memorial Heath Care Puts @InformaticaCorp at Heart of Application Modernization Program
- "We’re taking five years and spending more than $100M to overhaul our clinical and financial systems, and migrating selected data from our legacy applications to the new systems is a significant area of risk," said Karen Marhefka, Associate CIO for Cornerstone Initiatives, UMass Memorial Health Care. "Informatica is a key to helping mitigate this risk and is a critical component of ensuring the success of our new enterprise application strategy. With Informatica, we are able to fully analyze all the data to be migrated, apply rules to ensure the quality of the data we do choose to move, and then move large volumes of data, reliably and efficiently, which was not possible before implementing the Informatica solution."
- "In healthcare, availability of trusted data is more than just business-critical, it’s life-critical," said Scott Harper, vice president, Healthcare Solutions, Informatica. "A migration gone wrong can add months to the time required to implement a new application, or create dangerous gaps in patient clinical data if errors are not detected. Given that 80% of data migration projects fail or overrun, the risks are real. Through a combination of proven best practices, a comprehensive data integration platform and years of migration experience, Informatica decreases the risk of missing critical delivery deadlines and increases the new systems’ effectiveness and adoption early on."
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 4,280 enterprises rely on Informatica to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit . Connect with Informatica at , and .
Note: Informatica and Informatica EMR Data Migration Foundation are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com David Friedman Ogilvy PR +1 303 634 2674 firstname.lastname@example.org