NEW YORK, March 25, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Newtek Business Services, Inc. (Nasdaq:NEWT), TheSmall Business Authority, has announced that its CEO and Chairman, Barry Sloane, will be featured LIVE in-studio on Fox Business Channel'sLou Dobbs Tonight hosted by renowned broadcaster and host Lou Dobbs on Wednesday, March 30th, between 7 pm and 8 pm Eastern Time.
Mr. Sloane will be discussing the challenges facing small businesses, including findings from the SB Authority Index, Newtek's barometer of the financial health of small business.
With over 100,000 business accounts in its portfolio, Newtek Business Services provides SBA backed loans plus a suite of other essential products and services geared to the small business community.
*Check your local TV listings or call your cable/satellite provider to view Fox Business Channel in your market.
About Newtek Business Services, Inc.
Newtek Business Services, Inc., The Small Business Authority, is a direct distributor of a wide range of business services and financial products to the small- and medium-sized business market under the NewtekTM brand. Since 1999, Newtek has helped small- and medium-sized business owners realize their potential by providing them with the essential tools needed to manage and grow their businesses and to compete effectively in today's marketplace. Newtek currently provides its services to over 100,000 business accounts and has positioned the NewtekTM brand as a one-stop-shop provider of its business services. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, there are over 27.5 million small businesses in the United States, which in total represent 99.7% of all employer firms.
Newtek's business service lines include:
- Electronic Payment Processing: eCommerce, electronic solutions to accept non-cash payments, including credit and debit cards, check conversion, remote deposit capture, ACH processing, and electronic gift and loyalty card programs.
- Web Hosting : Full-service web host which offers eCommerce solutions, shared and dedicated web hosting and related services including domain registration and online shopping cart tools.
- eCommerce : a suite of services that enable small businesses to get up and running on-line quickly and cost effectively, with integrated web design, payment processing and shopping cart services.
- Business Lending: Broad array of lending products including SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Insurance Services: Commercial and personal lines of insurance, including health and employee benefits in all 50 states, working with over 40 insurance carriers.
- Web Services : Customized web design and development services.
- Data Backup, Storage and Retrieval : Fast, secure, off-site data backup, storage and retrieval designed to meet the specific regulatory and compliance needs of any business.
- Accounts Receivable Financing : Receivable purchasing and financing services.
- Payroll: Complete payroll management and processing services.
For more information, please visit .
Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
Statements in this press release including statements regarding Newtek's beliefs, expectations, intentions or strategies for the future, may be "forward-looking statements" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from the plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, intensified competition, operating problems and their impact on revenues and profit margins, anticipated future business strategies and financial performance, anticipated future number of customers, business prospects, legislative developments and similar matters. Risk factors, cautionary statements and other conditions which could cause Newtek's actual results to differ from management's current expectations are contained in Newtek's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and available through .
CONTACT: Newtek Business Services 1440 Broadway, 17th Floor New York, NY 10132 http://www.newtekbusinessservices.com Rubenstein Public Relations Telephone: (212) 843-9335 Liz Petrova / email@example.com