CHATHAM, N.J., April 5, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CORFAC International, an international alliance of leading entrepreneurial and privately held commercial real estate firms, today announced the names of the organization's leading brokerage professionals and top joint assignments for 2010. The awards recognize referrals between CORFAC brokerage professionals in which two or more brokers from different firms represented a single client and company in a completed sale or lease negotiation.
The Garibaldi Group/CORFAC International won top honors for the largest office lease by size and value and the top international referral while taking second as a company for the most referrals throughout CORFAC International.
Rob Loderstedt and Jeffrey Toia of The Garibaldi Group/CORFAC International referred and co-brokered a 213,558-square-foot lease for The Prudential Insurance Company of America in Shelton, CT to win the largest office lease transaction. Jack Fatigati of The Garibaldi Group/CORFAC International referred and co-brokered a 9,526-square-foot office lease in Weybridge, UK on behalf of Warner/Chilcott/UK to win the largest international lease and the company had the second-most referrals that led to completed transactions throughout CORFAC last year with 24. The Garibaldi Group also participated in the largest R&D transaction in 2010 for a lease in West Caldwell, NJ for Alfa Wassermann Inc.
The 2010 "COR$TAR Awards" were presented at CORFAC International's recent Spring Conference in San Juan, Puerto Rico by 2011 CORFAC International President Charles Sevier, SIOR, CCIM, who is also a principal of Crump Commercial/CORFAC International in Memphis, TN. The awards include office, industrial, R&D, investment sales, retail and international sectors of commercial real estate.
U.S.-based CORFAC International covers 150 markets worldwide with over 3,000 real estate professionals in association with London-based King Sturge, Mexico City-based BDI, San Juan-based Rios Commercial, five independent Canadian firms and Panama City-based Latin American Corporate Property Services.
The top brokers who initiated and facilitated the transactions were:
Top Office Lease by Size and Value
- Rob Loderstedt and Jeffrey Toia of The Garibaldi Group/CORFAC International of Chatham, NJ referred and co-brokered with Todd Payne of Goodfellow Ashmore/CORFAC International of Danbury, CT a 213,558-square-foot lease for The Prudential Insurance Company of America in Shelton, CT. The value of the transaction could not be disclosed.
Top International Transaction
- Jack Fatigati of The Garibaldi Group/CORFAC International in Chatham, NJ referred and co-brokered with Piers Leigh of King Sturge in London, UK a 9,526-square-foot office lease in Weybridge, UK on behalf of Warner/Chilcott/UK.
Most Referrals by Broker and Company
- Scott Savacool of St. Louis-based Sansone Group/CORFAC International was named the overall Top Producer with 34 referred transactions throughout the CORFAC organization. Sansone Group/CORFAC International was the overall Top Producing Firm for the highest number of transaction referrals (44), while Chatham, NJ-based The Garibaldi Group/CORFAC International was second by total firm referrals, with 24 in 2010.
Top R&D Deal by Total Lease Value
- Howard E. Greenberg, SIOR of Howard Properties, Ltd./CORFAC International in White Plains, NY referred and co-brokered with James Garibaldi and Michael Witko of The Garibaldi Group/CORFAC International in Chatham, NJ, a 49,442-square-foot lease in West Caldwell, NJ on behalf of Alfa Wassermann Inc. The value of the transaction could not be disclosed.
Top Industrial Lease by Total Lease Value
- James Klements, SIOR, CPA of Cleveland-based Weber Wood Medinger/CORFAC International referred and co-brokered with John Lieser of McBride Corporate Real Estate/CORFAC International in Franklin Lakes, NJ a 239,950-square foot industrial building lease in Cranbury, NJ on behalf of Invacare Corporation. The value of the transaction could not be disclosed.
Top Industrial Lease by Size
- Steven Podolsky, SIOR of Podolsky Northstar CORFAC International in Chicago, IL referred and co-brokered with Treat Macdonald, SIOR of Crump Commercial/CORFAC International a 400,232-square-foot lease on behalf of New Breed Logistics in Memphis, TN.
Top R&D Deal by Size
- Anton Qiu of San Francisco-based TRI Commercial/CORFAC International referred and co-brokered with Andrew Jaffe, SIOR of Commercial Properties Inc./CORFAC International in Tempe, AZ a 120,000-square-foot industrial lease in Goodyear, AZ on behalf of Suntech Power Holdings Co.
Top Investment Sale
- Eric Fox of CPS/CORFAC International based in Northern California referred and jointly brokered with Peter Castleton of Voit Commercial Real Estate/CORFAC International in Irvine CA the sale of a 44,815-square-foot property in Milpitas, CA on behalf of seller A.E. Peterson. The value of the transaction could not be disclosed.
Top Retail Lease by Size
- Tim Cherre of the Sansone Group/CORFAC International in St. Louis, MO referred Daniel Gostylo of Providence Commercial RES/CORFAC International in San Antonio in a 30,500-square-foot lease transaction in Roundrock, TX, for La Fronterra Village L.P.
Top Retail Lease by Value
- Scott Savacool of Sansone Group/CORFAC International referred Brett Zelner & Mike Antkies of New York City-based Lansco Corporation a 1,400-square-foot lease transaction on behalf of St. Louis-based Scottrade, which opened a new retail location in Manhattan, NY. The value of the transaction could not be disclosed.
About The Garibaldi Group
The Garibaldi Group is a full-service, global real estate firm now in its ninth decade of operation. With offices in Chatham, New Jersey, as well as in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, the firm's extensive services include real estate consulting and brokerage services, financial services, lease administration, project management /development and property/construction management.
The Garibaldi Group is a member of CORFAC International, an organization of leading, privately-held, entrepreneurial commercial real estate firms serving 100 major markets in North America, and internationally through its King Sturge CORFAC International alliance.
For more information, please contact The Garibaldi Group/CORFAC International at 973-635-0303 or visit .
About CORFAC International
CORFAC International is one of the largest commercial real estate services organizations in the world and founded in 1989. U.S.-based CORFAC (Hollywood, FL) is comprised of privately held entrepreneurial firms serving more than 150 markets in The Americas and internationally through alliances with UK-based King Sturge, BDI in Mexico, five independent firms in Canada, Rios Commercial in Puerto Rico and Panama-based Latin American Corporate Property Services. In recent years, CORFAC firms completed over 9,000 commercial real estate transactions annually, encompassing more than 300 million square feet and valued each year in excess of $30 billion. For more information on CORFAC contact 954-923-6160, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.corfac.com.
CONTACT: Garibaldi Group press contact: Tara J. Keating, Managing Director (973) 507-0354 or email@example.com CORFAC International press contact: Gary Marsh: (415) 453-7045 or firstname.lastname@example.org