MOSCOW, April 8, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mechel OAO (NYSE:MTL), one of the leading Russian mining and metals companies, announces decision of the board of directors to convene the annual general shareholders' meeting of Mechel OAO.
The Board of Directors of Mechel OAO (the Company) held a meeting on April 8, 2011. The following resolutions were adopted at the meeting:
1. To convene the Annual General Shareholders' Meeting of Mechel OAO on June 6, 2011. The General Shareholders' Meeting will be held at: 1 Krasnoarmeyskaya str., Moscow, Russian Federation, in the conference hall, at 14:00 local time.
2. To approve the following agenda for the Annual General Shareholders' Meeting:
- Approval of the Company's Annual Report.
- Approval of the Company's Annual Financial Statements inclusive of the Income Statement (Profit and Loss Accounts).
- Distribution of the Company's profit, including payment (declaration) of dividends, based on the results of the financial year.
- Election of members of the Company's Board of Directors.
- Election of members of the Company's Review Commission.
- Approval of the auditor of the Company.
- Approval of the revised Charter of the Company.
- Approval of the revised Bylaw on the Collective Executive Body (the Management Board) of the Company.
- Approval of the revised Bylaw on the Board of Directors of the Company.
- Approval of the revised Bylaw on the Sole Executive Body (the general director) of the Company.
- Approval of related-party transactions.
3. To prepare the list of the shareholders eligible to take part in the Annual General Shareholders' Meeting based on the data in the Shareholders' Register as of April 20, 2011.
The Board of Directors determined the procedure of announcing to the shareholders of the Annual General Shareholders' Meeting, the text of this announcement, the list of information materials to be offered the shareholders in preparation for the Annual General Shareholders' Meeting and the procedure for providing such materials.
Should a decision to pay dividends be taken by the shareholders, the list of persons with the right to receive dividends for common and preferred shares will be prepared on the date that the list of the shareholders eligible to take part in the Annual General Shareholders' Meeting will be prepared (April 20, 2011).
Mechel is one of the leading Russian companies. Its business includes four segments: mining, steel, ferroalloy and power. Mechel unites producers of coal, iron ore concentrate, nickel, steel, ferrochrome, ferrosilicon, rolled products, hardware, heat and electric power. Mechel products are marketed domestically and internationally.
The Mechel OAO logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8181
Some of the information in this press release may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of Mechel, as defined in the safe harbor provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. We wish to caution you that these statements are only predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. We do not intend to update these statements. We refer you to the documents Mechel files from time to time with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Form 20-F. These documents contain and identify important factors, including those contained in the section captioned "Risk Factors" and "Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements" in our Form 20-F, that could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in our projections or forward-looking statements, including, among others, the achievement of anticipated levels of profitability, growth, cost and synergy of our recent acquisitions, the impact of competitive pricing, the ability to obtain necessary regulatory approvals and licenses, the impact of developments in the Russian economic, political and legal environment, volatility in stock markets or in the price of our shares or ADRs, financial risk management and the impact of general business and global economic conditions.
CONTACT: Mechel OAO Ekaterina Videman Phone: + 7 495 221 88 88 email@example.com