YARDLEY, Pa., April 27, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Too often these days, men and women are finding themselves in a position where they need to be a lot more involved in caring for their independent, but aging parents.
LifeShield™ Security (), the first national, all digital, professional grade and professionally monitored wireless home security system provides multiple-use benefits to concerned men and women wanting to be more involved in caring for their aging loved ones - whether they live down the street or across the country.
Following are Ten Reasonsto Install a LifeShield Security Systemin the Home of an Elderly Loved One:
- All exit doors to the home can be monitored to show you when they are coming and going during the day.
- Door sensors help you keep track of when at-home care is arriving and leaving the home of elderly loved ones, and sends
alerts to your phone or email in real time.
- Sensors can be attached to the medicine cabinet and will send an alert when the cabinet is opened to help to confirm that critical
medications are being taken each day and at the right times. It can also send an alert if the cabinet ISN'T opened by a certain time via text or email.
- Sensors can even be placed on the refrigerator to ensure Mom or Dad is remembering to eat on a regular basis.
- Cameras installed in the home can keep a watchful eye on loved ones and can help monitor for falls or accidents. Cameras also help to keep an eye on visiting nurses and other at-home care providers.
- LifeShield offers both a mobile handset as well as a keychain remote which can be kept in a pocket or around the neck so your loved one can send an instant "panic" alarm to emergency services if something happens like an injury or fall.
- Full scale safety monitoring can be set remotely at night by you via computer or mobile device and disabled again in the morning. Your aging loved ones are secure without having to understand how to "work" a home security system – because you can do it for them.
- The system will notify you if someone is breaking in to your loved one's home through a window or door in the middle of the night and the police will be dispatched immediately.
- Fire protection monitoring will dispatch the fire department immediately, and will also alert you that the home is smoking or on fire, so you can call your loved one's neighbor to help manage the situation until the fire department arrives.
- Reminder alerts can also be set up and sent to your phone so you won't forget important doctor appointments or to call for the results of recent medical testing.
With customizable alerting options, traditional monitoring through Guardian Protection Services, and Internet-delivered information, a LifeShield Security system gives peace of mind to worried loved ones who just can't be there every day.
For more information, visit , or contact 1-866-222-8580.
About LifeShield Security™
LifeShield Security™ is the first national, professional grade and professionally monitored wireless security system that uses an easy to set-up "plug and protect" process, providing superior home protection and the best value in total home security. For more on LifeShield Security, visit .
This information was brought to you by Cision
The following files are available for download: