MIAMI, May 3, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SkyShop Logistics, Inc. (OTCBB:SKPN), trading as PuntoMio and GlobalShop, announces creation of a Florida Sales/Use Tax Free Zone for internet purchases made on-line by foreign consumers and exported by SkyShop. The Florida Department of Revenue has established a zero percent tax rate for purchases shipped to SkyShop's Miami Airport parcel processing facility, thus creating a Sales/Use Tax Free Zone. Consumers shopping through SkyShop's various portals will not be required to pay the 7% Florida State and Miami Dade County Sales/Use tax. Most of the nation's largest sales tax table providers to internet merchants will circulate the Tax Free Zone change effective May 1, 2011.
SkyShop Logistics offers international internet shoppers:
- A US address for international clients to ship their online purchases from US merchants
- Online applications and solutions to facilitate shopping for clients
- Economical shipping with total online tracking visibility
- International Credit card processing
- Purchases not subject to 7% Florida Sales/Use Tax
For Online US merchants SkyShop provides the following benefits:
- Ability to sell to foreign buyers without the inherent shipping and credit card risks
- Landed cost for client's on-line purchases (product cost, shipping, customs duties and taxes)
- Avoid customer product abandonment at destination resulting from unknown duties/taxes
- Reliable low cost international delivery with shipment tracking
- New upscale foreign customers with high purchasing power
- Sales/use tax savings pass along making the merchant's product less expensive
About SkyShop Logistics - USA Shopping Facilitator
SkyShop markets to non US residents under agreements with major world banks and credit card companies among them American Express, HSBC, Citibank, Santander, Itau in Brazil, Banamex in Mexico and Scotia Bank in Peru. These marketing agreements offer the bank's credit/debit card members shopping portals, under the bank's brand, that facilitate their purchases at US merchant sites. SkyShop's services are marketed under the GlobalShop, PuntoMio and GlobeBox brands in Latin America, Europe and Middle East. Clients use the SkyShop Tax Free Zone Address as their US shipping address. Upon receipt at SkyShop's Miami Airport hub, the goods are inspected, repacked and documented for shipping to the buyer's home country. Upon arrival at destination, SkyShop arranges customs clearance, pays applicable foreign duties and taxes and delivers to the consumer's home.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All forward-looking statements are inherently uncertain as they are based on current expectations and assumptions concerning future events or future performance of the Company. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which are only predictions and speak only as of the date hereof. Risks and uncertainties applicable to the Company and its business could cause the Company's actual results to differ materially from those indicated in any forward-looking statements.
CONTACT: Mary Rodriguez 305-599-1812