REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 16, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world’s number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced that Guthy-Renker LLC, one of the largest direct marketing companies in the world, has successfully implemented Informatica PowerCenter, part of the Informatica Platform, to power business intelligence (BI) across its global extended enterprise.
- Most well-known for its direct response infomercials, including skincare lines Proactiv®, Meaningful Beauty®, and Wen Cleansing Conditioner by Chaz Dean™, Guthy|Renker resides at the heart of an extensive value network of owned and operated, as well as outsourced, business functions, including call centers, fulfillment centers, shipping and customer service.
- For the first time in Guthy|Renker’s history, data is being comprehensively sourced and integrated across its entire global partner/vendor ecosystem of over 35 vendors and partners across the United States, via the Informatica Platform, to drive right-time visibility into sales/marketing, customer relationship management (CRM), and supply chain management and associated key performance indicators - including such vital measures as customer lifetime value, cost per order and return on promotional investment.
- Consequently, from a business perspective, Guthy|Renker can now:
- From a technical perspective, the Informatica solution enables Guthy|Renker to:
- Guthy|Renker’s technology initiative was led by long-time Informatica Elite Partner, Trinus Corporation, a leading data integration and BI consultancy.
- The Informatica solution was deployed initially across Guthy|Renker’s U.S. operations and is currently being rolled out to the company’s fast-growing international operations.
Tweet this: Guthy|Renker Powers BI for the Virtual Enterprise with @InformaticaCorp #platform
- "One of the advantages of direct marketing is its immediate feedback, and Informatica is at the center of our leveraging that feedback to make informed decisions and improve not just our performance, but also that of our network of partners," said Kim Terry, Chief Information Officer, Guthy|Renker. "The Informatica Platform has enabled us to reach out across the extended enterprise, literally knocking down the formidable technical and organizational barriers to pulling in useful information from multiple businesses. It also makes it easier for IT and the business to collaborate on producing meaningful results, which is a big win all around."
- "Guthy|Renker is an example of an enterprise where data is the life blood, yet there is a lack of completeness, control and accuracy over all the data due to outsourcing," said Girish Pancha, general manager, Data Integration Business, Informatica. "But Guthy|Renker’s use of Informatica proves that business process outsourcing need not be a barrier to business insight. The near-universal, right-time data access provided by the Informatica Platform ensures that the right information is available right when it’s needed, no matter where and in what form the component data resides."
Guthy|Renker is one of the largest and most respected direct marketing companies in the world, with distribution in more than 61 countries. Since 1988, Guthy|Renker has discovered and developed dozens of high quality consumer products in the beauty, skincare, entertainment and wellness categories. For additional information on Guthy|Renker, visit
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world turn to Informatica to gain a competitive advantage in today’s global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 4,350 enterprises rely on Informatica for data integration and data quality solutions to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit . Connect with Informatica at , and .
Note: Informatica, Informatica PowerCenter and Informatica Platform are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 firstname.lastname@example.org David Friedman Ogilvy PR +1 303 634 2674 email@example.com