IRVINE, Calif., May 17, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq:MSCC), a leading provider of semiconductor technology aimed at powering a smart, secure, connected world, today announced it will be showcasing a next-generation 3D LCD TV combined solution at SID Display Week 2011 that it developed in collaboration with Sony, and will also preview advances in energy-efficient TV backlighting and solid state lighting (SSL) solutions.
SID attendees can see Microsemi's demonstrations throughout the conference at the company's booth, #801, in the West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center, May 15 through May 20, 2011. The company plans to demonstrate the following products and technologies at the conference:
- LED Backlighting and Solid State Lighting:
- Local-Dimming Backlighting Solution Developed in Collaboration with Sony® Corporation Semiconductor Business Group ("Sony"): Microsemi will show the first open-market 3D-capable timing controller plus local dimming LED backlighting solution for the manufacturing of lower cost, high volume next-generation LCD TVs. The complete turn-key reference design draws on Sony's powerful video and light processing technology and Microsemi's DAZL! LED drive technology, enabling the production of superior, high quality 3D and 2D images using LCD panels from a wide variety of manufacturers.
- LED Display Backlighting Technology: Microsemi will preview new, high-efficiency LED controller and driver technology for cost-optimized edge-lit TV backlighting that significantly reduces thermal dissipation and component count using patented current-balancing and dimming control innovations. The company also will show advanced LED driver technology for automotive navigation display backlighting.
- Solid State Lighting (SSL) Technology: Microsemi will preview new LED driver ICs and complete power supplies for single-string high-performance SSL fixtures.
- Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp (CCFL) Backlight Inverter Modules for Medical Applications: Microsemi will also demonstrate its recently announced LXMG1645 quad-lamp solutions, which bring the company's proven StayLIT™ fault-management capabilities to health monitoring, ATMs and other mission-critical applications that require reliable, uninterrupted operation in case of partial backlight failure.
Microsemi Corporation (Nasdaq:MSCC) offers the industry's most comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor technology. Committed to solving the most critical system challenges, Microsemi's products include high-performance, high-reliability analog and RF devices, mixed signal integrated circuits, FPGAs and customizable SoCs, and complete subsystems. Microsemi serves leading system manufacturers around the world in the defense, security, aerospace, enterprise, commercial, and industrial markets. Learn more at .
Microsemi and the Microsemi logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsemi Corporation and/or its affiliates. Third-party trademarks and service marks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
The Microsemi Corporation logo is available at
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Any statements set forth in this news release that are not entirely historical and factual in nature, including without limitation statements related to showcasing a next-generation 3D LCD TV combined solution at SID Display Week 2011 developed in collaboration with Sony, and previewing advances in energy-efficient TV backlighting and solid state lighting (SSL) solutions, and its potential effects on future business, are forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations and are inherently subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements. The potential risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, such factors as rapidly changing technology and product obsolescence, potential cost increases, variations in customer order preferences, weakness or competitive pricing environment of the marketplace, uncertain demand for and acceptance of the company's products, adverse circumstances in any of our end markets, results of in-process or planned development or marketing and promotional campaigns, difficulties foreseeing future demand, potential non-realization of expected orders or non-realization of backlog, product returns, product liability, and other potential unexpected business and economic conditions or adverse changes in current or expected industry conditions, difficulties and costs of protecting patents and other proprietary rights, inventory obsolescence and difficulties regarding customer qualification of products. In addition to these factors and any other factors mentioned elsewhere in this news release, the reader should refer as well to the factors, uncertainties or risks identified in the company's most recent Form 10-K and all subsequent Form 10-Q reports filed by Microsemi with the SEC. Additional risk factors may be identified from time to time in Microsemi's future filings. The forward-looking statements included in this release speak only as of the date hereof, and Microsemi does not undertake any obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACT: Kelly Poffenberger Tel: (714) 553-9071 firstname.lastname@example.org