Introduces Industry's First and Integration With Google Page Speed
Press Kit Download:
DETROIT, May 17, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company, today announced a new major release of its integrated application performance management (APM) solution, the Compuware Gomez platform. This release introduces industry-first solutions that help customers increase revenues, profitability and brand equity by optimizing mobile and web application performance across the entire application delivery chain, from data centers, through the cloud, to the edge of the Internet.
This is the second consecutive release Compuware has delivered for its entire integrated APM product set. It is the first release in which all of the Compuware APM products have been rebranded under a single product brand, Gomez. This update includes new functionality in both Compuware's on-premises APM products (formerly called Vantage) and its software-as-a-service (SaaS) APM products, now all operating under the Gomez product brand name.
" Compuware's Spring 2011 product release and expansion of the Gomez brand demonstrate an increased commitment to applications performance management from the end user perspective," according to Tim Grieser, Program VP System Management Software at IDC. "Compuware is addressing key performance issues for Web and mobile applications users, and is helping IT organizations and service providers to monitor and optimize the end user experience in today's multi-browser and multi-device environments."
As more organizations depend on revenue-generating and customer-facing applications that use mobile devices, multiple browsers and third-party cloud services, it has become more important – and more complex – to ensure top application performance. Compuware's latest release of the Gomez platform focuses on new innovations to measure end-user experience so organizations can optimize their mobile application performance, measure the business impact of web application performance and integrate with web performance technology from Google.
New features and capabilities in the Gomez Spring 2011 Platform Release include:
- Industry First--: The industry's first mobile real-user monitoring solution that enables organizations to understand the actual performance end users are experiencing when using native mobile applications or accessing websites from mobile devices. Gomez Mobile Real-User Monitoring provides detailed performance analytics not available in any other monitoring solution. It works for native mobile applications and browsers across any mobile device, operating system or carrier.
- New Gomez Mobile Readiness Assessment: Provides an automatic assessment of the readiness of a website for mobile visitors by scoring the site against a set of standards and suggesting areas of improvement. This allows organizations to rate their mobile application's capability to run across devices and browsers.
- Industry First-- Performance Conversion Analytics: Measures the business impact of poor performance on web conversions by correlating web performance with abandonment along each step of a web transaction. For every step, Gomez Browser Real-User Monitoring measures the number of users who have a satisfying, tolerating or frustrating experience. This aids web teams in assessing if performance is helping or hurting their web conversions, which directly impacts their online revenues.
- Industry First--: The first and only integration with Google Page Speed enables organizations to leverage Google technology to automatically assess web performance against a set of rules, providing a specific score and recommendations for improvement. This allows organizations to optimize their web pages based on industry best-practices.
- Industry First-- With Last Mile Data: This free offering from Compuware uses a "collective intelligence" approach to indicate the operational health of the Internet to help organizations determine if a performance problem is specific to them or shared by other users. By comparing the results of the millions of tests that run on the Gomez global performance network every day to a rolling baseline of data for the same weekday and time, the Gomez Internet Health Map detects aberrations that are indicative of a general Internet performance issue at specific geographic locations. Because Compuware has the only testing network with 150,000+ real computers that operate at the "edge of the Internet" running behind local ISPs, the data from this "Last Mile" provides the most accurate insight into the true performance conditions experienced by real users.
- New High-volume Load-testing Agent: In addition to current real-world load generation from browsers and mobile devices, Gomez Web Load Testing now offers a highly scalable HTTP load agent that generates load from the cloud. The new agent enables self-service web load testing up to millions of page views per hour and can be run in conjunction with the Gomez Last Mile for unprecedented accuracy in user-experience measurement.
- Updated Products for the Data Center: Enhancements to Gomez Business Service Manager (formerly called Vantage Service Manager), Gomez Real-User Monitoring – Data Center (formerly called Vantage Real-User Monitoring), and Gomez Java and .NET Monitoring (formerly called Vantage for Java and NET Monitoring) deliver expanded depth and breadth of visibility in data center performance monitoring.
- New Support for Cisco Unified Compute Server: Compuware has certified and optimized its on-premises software to integrate with and run on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS). Compuware has a strategic technology integration agreement with Cisco and will be the OEM and authorized manufacturer to sell and recommend Cisco UCS to run all on-premises Gomez APM solutions.
"Companies today are investing in strategic web and mobile applications to fuel revenue growth and profitability," said Bruce Reading, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Compuware's APM business unit. "Competition is intense, and the need to optimize application performance has never been greater. In this latest release we continue to innovate, unify and integrate our entire APM product line to provide customers with a unique and holistic ability to manage application performance."
The Gomez platform is the industry's leading solution for optimizing the performance of web, non-web, mobile, streaming and cloud applications. Driven by end-user experience, Gomez provides a unified view across the entire application delivery chain, from a user's browser or mobile device, across the Internet or a corporate WAN, in the cloud, to inside the data center, eliminating blind spots from the First Mile to the Last Mile.
Follow us on:
Compuware Corporation, the technology performance company, provides software, experts and best practices to ensure technology works well and delivers value. Compuware solutions make the world's most important technologies perform at their best for leading organizations worldwide, including 46 of the top 50 Fortune 500 companies and 12 of the top 20 most visited U.S. web sites. Learn more at: .
The Compuware logo is available at
CONTACT: Press Contact Kayla Siefker Senior Public Relations Manager Compuware's APM Solution - Gomez email@example.com 313-227-1402 For Sales and Marketing Information Compuware Corporation One Campus Martius Detroit, MI 48226 800-521-9353 http://www.compuware.com