CHANTILLY, Va. and COLUMBIA, Md., May 18, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Integral Systems, Inc., (Nasdaq:ISYS) announced today the availability of its ultra-compact and efficient 200 Watt Ku-band Solid State Power Amplifier (SSPA). The new 200 Watt SSPA, offered through Integral Systems' SATCOM Solutions division, continues the Company's leadership in the SSPA market. Earlier this year, Integral Systems announced its 100W SSPA, which represented a major leap forward in terms of SSPA size, weight, power efficiency and cost. Like the 100W SSPA, the 200W SSPA offers unprecedented high-power efficiency and large power output from a very small package – 960 Watt consumption at 230 Watt Radio Frequency (RF) output, while producing minimal heat. At just 12.5" (W) x 13" (L) x 3.65" (H) and 22.5 pounds in component configuration, Integral Systems' 200 Watt SSPA is the smallest, lightest and most efficient power amplifier on the market.
The compact size, low weight, high efficiency and low cost of Integral Systems' ultra-compact and efficient 200 Watt SSPA makes it the ideal choice for customers requiring a highly-efficient amplifier solution for Size, Weight and Power (SWAP) sensitive applications or those looking to replace or retrofit Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers (TWTA). Conversion to SSPA from TWTA is made simple by Integral Systems' "Drop-in Replacement Program" with the added benefits of improved reliability, increased efficiency, ultra-compact size, lower weight and reduced heat when compared to a typical TWTA. Integral Systems' 200 Watt SSPA reduces initial capital costs – up to 40 percent depending on system requirements – as well as ongoing operating costs by eliminating expensive tube replacements.
"Our new 200 Watt SSPA represents a major leap forward in terms of size and efficiency in the high powered SSPA market," said Steve Gizinski, General Manager of Integral Systems' SATCOM Solutions division. "Its small size and very high power output produces minimal heat, thereby solving a wide array of our customers' problems, including heat build-up, excessive weight and eliminating bulky SSPAs that cannot be easily integrated into major systems."
Integral Systems' 200 Watt Ku-band SSPA features include:
- Ultra-compact – Remarkably small size at 12.5" (W) x 13" (L) x 3.65" (H) and 22.5 pounds in component configuration with power supply and 12.5" (W) x 13" (L) x 6.65" (H) and 33.2 pounds in outdoor configuration with cooling fins/fans.
- Increased Efficiency – 30 percent peak efficiency at 230 Watt output in component configuration; typical saturated efficiency is 24 percent in outdoor configuration; highest efficiency in 13.75–15.0 GHz band.
- Industry-leading Performance – The unit offers 50dB minimum gain with temperature compensation, output power monitor with RS422 (serial communication) readout, monitor and control processor, discrete transmit/mute control, fault protection and reporting for over-temperature and over‐voltage or over‐current.
- Environmental Sealing – Unlike many component-style (indoor) amplifiers, the core unit is fully O-ring sealed, providing a higher level of reliability and immunity to moisture and dust; the unit has been field tested for all-weather operations.
- Monitor and Control Functionality – Efficiently monitor and control voltage, current, output power, temperature and component alarms through a simple Graphical User Interface (GUI) interfacing with a host computer over a serial communications link.
Integral Systems leads the way in developing ultra-compact and efficient SSPAs. The entire line of Integral Systems' family of 25, 40, 100 and 200 Watt SSPAs represent breakthroughs in size, weight, power and cost. For additional information on Integral Systems entire family of SSPAs, visit .
Last year, Integral Systems acquired CVG Inc. and Avtec Systems, Inc., which now operate as Integral Systems' SATCOM Solutions division. For additional information regarding Integral Systems' SATCOM Solutions division and its high-speed data communications solutions, go to .
ABOUT INTEGRAL SYSTEMS
Integral Systems, Inc. is a global provider of products, systems and services for satellite command and control, telemetry and digital signal processing, data communications, enterprise network management and communications information assurance. We specialize in developing, managing and operating secure communications networks, both satellite and terrestrial, as well as systems and services to detect, characterize and geolocate sources of RF interference. Our customers include U.S. and foreign commercial, government, military and intelligence organizations. For almost 30 years, customers have relied on Integral Systems to design and deliver innovative commercial-based products, solutions and services that are cost-effective and reduce delivery schedules and risk. The Integral Systems family of solution providers (Integral Systems, Inc., Integral Systems Europe, Lumistar, Inc., Newpoint Technologies, Inc., RT Logic and SAT Corporation) as well as our services organization, Integral Systems Service Solutions (IS3), leads the market in offering complete ground segment solutions. Our dedication to "The Integral Difference" has solidified long-term relationships with the U.S. DoD, NASA, NOAA and nearly every commercial satellite operator in the world. For more information, visit .
CONTACT: Andrew Miller Vice President, External Communications Integral Systems, Inc. Phone: 443.539.5124 firstname.lastname@example.org