DENVER, June 7, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Roomlinx, Inc. (OTCBB:RMLX), the innovative developer of hotel interactive TV applications, has released their newest Interactive TV feature set known as iTV Platform 3.0. Platform 3.0 further enhances the Roomlinx iTV offering, which combines the best of HD TV, the Internet, PC functionality and VoD along with a versatile selection of guest amenity modules in an easy to use solution. The newly enhanced feature set provides guests with an unmatched in-room experience while allowing hoteliers to monetize the rapidly growing consumer trend towards a truly Internet-integrated TV experience.
Roomlinx iTV Platform 3.0 further enhances the existing Roomlinx iTV feature set by adding the following:
- "Click & Go" Interactive TV Program Guide
- Browse through available channels and click & go to desired program
- Sort programming by Genre
- Search both Internet and TV Programming via search bar
- Channel listing by network with click & go capability
- Room Service Application
- Guest can easily order room service from the TV, laptop, or smart phone
- Hotels can manage menus on the fly
- Full back end tracking and reporting down to the delivery time and average ticket price
- SmartTV Media Player Application
- Scans external hard drives to simplify access to personal media
- Controls the TV inputs through iTV user interface
- Dynamic SmartRoom® App
- Ability to up-sell premium SmartRooms on the fly and through all points of reservation
- Quick links to hundreds of Web Applications like:
- Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, Facebook, Youtube, Google, Yahoo and many more
- Enhanced customization ability
- Allows greater customization of user interface while maintaining ease of use
- Enhanced bundled content and SmartTV packages
- Increases revenue opportunity
"iTV Platform 3.0 is a giant leap forward for hotels," said Mike Wasik, Roomlinx CEO. "Other providers continue to base products on just selling movies or providing a more expensive solution to deliver free TV channels. iTV Platform 3.0 incorporates movies along with other features like a Click & Go program guide but also monetizes the exploding consumer trend towards a truly integrated Internet/TV experience."
All Roomlinx iTV installations beginning in June 2011 will operate on iTV Platform 3.0. And unlike other static technologies, the existing base of Roomlinx iTV customers will have the option of implementing iTV Platform 3.0.
Roomlinx will be exhibiting iTV Platform 3.0 at this year's HiTec Conference in Austin Texas in booth #1351.
Roomlinx is an innovative developer of Interactive TV products and premium digital video on demand systems for hotels, resorts, and other properties, utilizing premium content and applications demanded by today's traveler. For more information about Roomlinx, visit .
Safe Harbor Cautionary Statement
Certain statements in this news release, including statements that we "believe," "expect," "intend," "plan" or words of similar import, are forward-looking information within the meaning of Rule 175 under the Securities Act of 1933 and Rule 3b-6 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and are subject to the safe harbor created by those rules. All statements, other than statements of fact, included in this release, including, without limitation, statements regarding potential future plans, new products and services and objectives of the company, are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include, among other things, the following: the company's successful implementation of the new products and services, demand for the new products and services, the company's ability to successfully compete against competitors offering similar products and services, general economic and business conditions; unexpected changes in technologies and technological advances; ability to commercialize and manufacture products; results of experimental studies research and development activities; changes in, or failure to comply with, governmental regulations; and the ability to obtain adequate financing in the future. This information is qualified in its entirety by cautionary statements and risk factors disclosure contained in certain of the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings available at http://www.sec.gov, which you should carefully review. Roomlinx does not assume any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as the result of new developments or otherwise.
CONTACT: Bob Wagener, Roomlinx (720) 880-5155 email@example.com