NASHVILLE, Tenn., June 8, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- City National Bank announced today that it has opened its first banking office in Nashville, Tenn., principally to better serve the music industry.
The office is headed by Holly Bell, an entertainment banking executive with two decades of financial experience in Nashville. Bell reports to Martha Henderson, the executive vice president and manager of City National's entertainment division.
"Expanding into Nashville is an exciting step for City National," Henderson said. "It's a logical extension of our very strong entertainment business in California and New York. We've recruited an outstanding team of local bankers, and their experience will further strengthen our ability to serve the entire music industry. City National's commitment to Nashville is strong, and this new office enhances our company's position as the premier bank to America's entertainment industry."
City National's current music industry clients include a wide array of artists, songwriters, labels, lawyers, publishers, producers, business managers, personal managers, talent agencies and nonprofit trade groups. Nashville is home to many of these professionals and their firms, and it is one of the nation's most vibrant creative communities.
"City National is the premier bank to America's entertainment industry," Bell said. "I'm excited by the opportunity to deliver its premier capabilities, financial advice and personal service in Nashville and throughout the Southeast."
City National's new colleagues in Nashville include:
- Holly Bell, senior vice president for entertainment and team manager of the Nashville office. Bell was formerly an entertainment and private bank manager with Wells Fargo in Nashville.
- Senior relationship managers Lori Badgett and Diane Pearson, who were previously with SunTrust Bank's Nashville entertainment division for 15 and 20 years, respectively. Mandy Gallagher is also a new relationship manager with 12 years of experience at SunTrust Bank.
- David Innes, a senior relationship manager who will serve music industry clients in Atlanta. Innes was formerly with Wells Fargo and SunTrust Bank in Atlanta. He has more than 20 years of music industry banking experience.
- Account managers Adrian Foreman, Meridy Kizer, Jamie Lay and Kristy Sargent. Foreman and Kizer are former private banking client management associates with Wells Fargo's entertainment division. Lay and Sargent previously served as financial sales associates in SunTrust Bank's entertainment division.
- Jason Plum, who will join the Nashville team as a credit officer. Plum is a former underwriter in commercial banking services at City National Bank in California.
- Will Hurst, the office administrative manager who is also relocating from California to Nashville. Hurst has 15 years of experience in operations administration at City National.
City National Bank's temporary office in Nashville is open for business now, and its permanent facility will open this summer. The permanent office will provide all of City National's full-service capabilities to music industry clients across Tennessee, in Atlanta and throughout the Southeast. The temporary office that is open today can handle loans and deposits, but does not yet have check-cashing capability.
The temporary office address is 60 Music Square East, Nashville, TN 37203. The telephone number there is (615) 782-5620.
The permanent office address will be: 54 Music Square East, Nashville, TN 37203. City National will have two suites at that location: Suite 100 will be the branch, and Suite 190 will be the regional banking office. The office hours will be Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
About City National
City National Bank, America's 25th largest bank and its premier private and business bank, is the wholly owned subsidiary of City National Corporation (NYSE:CYN). It is backed by $21.6 billion in total assets, and provides banking, investment and trust services through 80 offices, including 16 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada and New York City. The new Nashville office increases the number of states in which City National provides banking services to four from three. The company and its investment affiliates manage or administer $60.1 billion in client investment assets, including nearly $38 billion under direct management. For more information about City National, visit the company's Website at cnb.com.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Debora Vrana, City National Bank, 213.673.7631 Debora.Vrana@cnb.com