Blazing dessert injures 4 at Florida restaurant

/ Source: staff and news service reports

A woman was severely injured and three other people suffered burns after a dessert caught fire at a Florida restaurant.

Authorities in Palm Harbor said the 151 alcohol poured into the bananas foster ignited and splashed onto four customers Saturday night.

that an off-duty firefighter who was also dining at the restaurant helped to treat the victims following the "explosion".

A 25-year-old woman was taken to a hospital with first- and second-degree burns. A 56-year-old woman also was taken to a hospital with respiratory burns. Two other people were burned but refused medical treatment.

The incident occurred at the Ozona Blue Grill. The restaurant's website says it serves seafood and steaks with an Asian twist.