SAN DIEGO, June 13, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The League of American Communications Professionals (LACP) has named Engage! Creative Group, the marketing communications arm of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) and its wellness subsidiary Healthyroads, Best Ad/Creative/MarCom Team and Best Marketing Communications Team in its 2010 Impact Awards, a worldwide strategic communications competition. Engage! Creative Group was named Best/Ad/Creative/MarCom Team last year as well.
Engage! Creative Group promotes the wide range of wellness solutions that Healthyroads offers to health plan and employer group clients nationwide. LACP honored Engage! Creative Group for the group's key 2010 achievements, including:
- The creation of EngageHealthyroads.com, designed for clients' HR professionals and wellness champions who are in charge of running their corporate wellness program.
- The evolution of the award-winning, proprietary "How to Build a Fit Company™" guides: The How to Build catalog features more than 1,200 posters, fliers, tent cards, articles, letters, email blasts, etc. that employers may order from Healthyroads to promote the program and create a culture of health in the workplace. All of these materials are now available to clients for downloading on EngageHealthyroads.com.
The other two pieces, similar in scope and design to the How to Build manual, outline the steps clients can take to implement Healthyroads' worksite challenges programs or create a wellness champion team onsite, respectively.
- Producing the second annual Healthyroads "Fit Company" awards to recognize clients that have been successful in providing superior worksite wellness programs: Eight companies were recently recognized for their 2010 efforts; more information can be found here:
- The promotion of a broad new range of programs to remind ASH staff that the company is truly committed to the health and well-being of our employees: Throughout the year, ASH marketing promotes unique health improvement benefits and challenges with fun prizes to get employees excited about participating. Challenges include a holiday weight maintenance challenge, a Fruit and Veggie challenge, a Stress Less challenge, and more. These also provide the organization's Health Program Management department the opportunity to try out a number of different activities on internal staff before rolling them out to clients.
- Organization of a variety of internal events to foster community and an overall culture of wellness at the workplace: Successful events from the past year include an annual summer employee picnic; corporate awards presentations that honor ASH employees for their outstanding accomplishments throughout the year in the many categories of leadership, performance, and production; and charity drives and events to raise funds for local services. ASH marketing leads the promotion and organizational details around these events.
"The 2010 Impact Awards debuted with a large number of applications representing a broad range of industries and organizational sizes from around the world," said Tyson Heyn, APR, LACP Principal. "Nearly 100 entries were submitted, so competition was exceptionally tough. Winners demonstrated a laser focus on communications grounded in creativity and passion, which ultimately helped message recipients understand and appreciate its relevance and importance."
The competition was judged by a field of communications professionals affiliated with LACP. Their expertise spans a broad spectrum of PR functions ranging from corporate, executive, and internal communications for Fortune 500 organizations to product, service, and non-profit publicity expertise. To see a complete list of winners or to learn more about the winning submissions, visit .
LACP was established in 2001 in order to create a forum within the public relations industry that facilitates discussion of best-in-class practices within the profession while also recognizing those who demonstrate exemplary communications capabilities. As part of this goal, LACP hosts a free monthly newsletter distributed via email and quarterly competitions that target various disciplines within the communications field. More than 30,000 subscribers receive the monthly newsletter, which shares best practices; provides tools, tips, and resources to professionals; and hosts various forums to discuss industry trends and challenges. The quarterly competitions routinely include hundreds of entries from some of the most recognized organizations throughout the world. Visit LACP on the Web at www.lacp.com.
About American Specialty Health and Healthyroads
American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) is a national Total Health Management company that provides prevention and wellness services, specialty network management programs, and fitness and exercise services to health plans, insurance carriers, employer groups, and trust funds. Based in San Diego, ASH has more than 800 employees and serves over 25.9 million members.
Healthyroads, Inc. offers a wide range of prevention and wellness solutions—including award-winning telephone-based lifestyle and health coaching programs, member engagement promotion programs, program management, health risk assessment, biometric screenings, risk stratification, outreach, incentive management programs, competitive challenges, worksite wellness programs, and/or an integrated online wellness portal, Healthyroads.com. Healthyroads offers wellness and prevention programs to more than 6.1 million members nationally.
For more information about ASH health and wellness programs, visit ASHCompanies.com or call (800) 848-3555. Follow us on Twitter at or !
CONTACT: Meredith Mulligan (619) 578-2000 firstname.lastname@example.org Debby Clark 800.848.3555 email@example.com