REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 14, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent leader in data integration software, today announced that ConvergEx Group, a leading provider of software and technology‐enabled services for asset managers and financial intermediaries, selected Informatica Ultra Messaging for its high speed trading system. ConvergEx, formed in 2006, is a leading provider of proprietary software products and technologies that span the investment lifecycle.
- Handling more than 50 million messages a day, Informatica will integrate all applications across ConvergEx's equity execution platform in an ultra-low-latency, high reliability fashion, including market gateways, routing systems, DMA (Direct Market Access), ATS (Alternative Trading Systems) and risk, credit and compliance systems.
- Informatica Ultra Messaging, an integral part of the Informatica Platform, will enable ConvergEx to:
- and support sub-millisecond response times across its trading platform using Ultra Messaging's innovative Parallel Persistence.
- concurrently for different business needs within a single product, including Inter Process Communications (IPC), TCP/IP and multicast.
- by quickly adding new applications and message end-points to its trading environment.
- by efficiently capturing all messages flowing through ConvergEx's trading system and automatically moving them into the company's risk systems for analysis of trades.
- From a technical perspective, Informatica will enable ConvergEx to reduce infrastructure costs and increase business agility by:
- Eliminating its dependence on costly and inflexible custom-coded messaging routines.
- Migrating easily off of existing siloed messaging solutions to create a unified and scalable messaging environment.
- Consolidating and significantly simplifying its IT infrastructure.
- ConvergEx plans to go live with its initial Informatica UM deployment in July 2011.
Tweet this: ConvergEx Group Standardizes on @InformaticaCorp for Low Latency, High Speed Messaging
- "Informatica Ultra Messaging won our competitive evaluation with its support for all key messaging protocols including reliable multicasting with guaranteed messaging," said Joseph Weisbord, chief information officer, ConvergEx Group's U.S. Equity Execution Business. "It allows for reduced network load, scalability and improved performance, both in high-throughput and low latency models. Now that we are 'hands on' with the software, we have also discovered how really easy it is to implement and to expand."
- "ConvergEx selection of Informatica as its messaging backbone illustrates how our ultra messaging technology is not only about extremely low latency, but equally about dependability and flexibility," said Mark Mahowald, general manager, Ultra Messaging, Informatica. "A single, reliable, near instantaneous messaging platform that has all the various messaging protocols covered in its API is a valuable asset for an technology company like ConvergEx, as the world markets continue to become more complex and faster paced."
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world turn to Informatica to gain a competitive advantage in today's global information economy with timely, relevant and trustworthy data for their top business imperatives. Worldwide, over 4,350 enterprises rely on Informatica for data integration and data quality solutions to access, integrate and trust their information assets held in the traditional enterprise, off premise and in the Cloud. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit . Connect with Informatica at , and .
Note: Informatica, Informatica Platform,Informatica Ultra Messaging and Parallel Persistence are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 email@example.com David Friedman Ogilvy PR +1 303 634 2674 firstname.lastname@example.org