TORONTO, June 15, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TMX Group Inc. today announced that TMX Datalinx™, its information services division, has entered into a bi-lateral agreement with NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products to make each marketplace's market data available in their respective co-location facilities. Using TMXnet™ North America, TMX's low latency network between Canada and the U.S., TMX and NASDAQ OMX's co-location clients can receive low latency, reliable and cost efficient access to NASDAQ OMX and TMX market data.
"TMX Datalinx's partnership with NASDAQ OMX Global Data Products allows us to expand the range of market data available to our co-location clients. This makes trading securities more efficient as the access to the information to trade those securities will be readily available," said Eric Sinclair, President of TMX Datalinx and Group Head of Information Services. "We are pleased to be able to respond to the increasing demand for TMX data in the U.S. and globally."
"Our collaboration with TMX benefits our market data customers by offering access to our respective data sets in secure and reliable data centers in a more cost-effective fashion," said Brian Hyndman, Senior Vice President of Global Data Products, NASDAQ OMX. "This agreement allows domestically-based customers access to a broader and richer data set without the high cost of developing direct connections."
The TMX data to be delivered to NASDAQ OMX for further dissemination includes the following real-time data feed products:
- TSX and TSXV Level 1: provides the last sale, quote, dividends, bulletins and end of day summaries for Canadian senior equities from Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV);
- TSX and TSXV Level 2: provides TSX and TSXV full depth order book, broker information and trade reports for securities and other financial instruments traded on TSX and TSXV. From Level 2, distributors can create Market-by-Price® and Market Bookâ displays to distribute to end-users; and
- TSX Quantumfeed: are premium binary feeds providing access to TMX order and trade information using TMX's new eXtreme Message Transfer™ (XMT) protocol.
The NASDAQ OMX data to be delivered to TMX for further dissemination includes the following real-time data feed products:
- NASDAQ TotalView: provides the most in-depth source of NASDAQ trading information, including full order book depth and the Net Order Imbalance Indicator (NOII) for the NASDAQ Opening, Closing and IPO/Halt Crosses;
- NASDAQ Basic: provides Best Bid and Offer and Last Sale information for all U.S. exchange-listed securities based on liquidity within the NASDAQ Market Center, as well as the FINRA/NASDAQ Trade Reporting Facility™ (TRF™);
- NASDAQ Last Sale: provides real-time, intraday trade data from the NASDAQ platform, which trades the largest volume of U.S. exchange-listed equities; and
- Global Index Data Service (GIDS): consolidates real-time data for NASDAQ OMX and third-party indexes and ETFs, including intraday net asset values, settlement values, end-of-day summary data and more.
About TMX Group (TSX:X)
TMX Group's key subsidiaries operate cash and derivative markets for multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income and energy. Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange, Montreal Exchange, Canadian Derivatives Clearing Corporation, Natural Gas Exchange, Boston Options Exchange (BOX), Shorcan, Shorcan Energy, Equicom and other TMX Group companies provide listing markets, trading markets, clearing facilities, data products and other services to the global financial community. TMX Group is headquartered in Toronto and operates offices across Canada (Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver), in key U.S. markets (Houston, Boston and Chicago) as well as in London. For more information about TMX Group, visit our website at .
CONTACT: Catherine Kee Manager, Corporate Communications TMX Group 416-814-8834 firstname.lastname@example.org