IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

$1.3 million reward: Mexico hunts casino killers

Mexican authorities have identified another 18 suspects in a casino fire that killed 52 people last month and are offering $1.3 million for information leading to each of their arrests.
Image: Investigators walk through debris of the charred Casino Royale after a deadly arson assault in Monterrey
Investigators scour debris at the charred Casino Royale in Monterrey, Mexico, on Aug. 26.Arnulfo Franco / AP
/ Source: msnbc.com staff and news service reports

Mexican authorities have identified another 18 suspects in a casino fire that killed 52 people last month and are offering $1.3 million for information leading to each of their arrests.

Federal prosecutor Jose Salinas says the suspects are members of the Zetas drug cartel.

Salinas on Wednesday showed sketches of six of the suspects and identified them by their nicknames.

A state police officer and five alleged members of the Zetas have been arrested in the case.

Gunmen entered the Casino Royale in Monterrey on August 25, spread gasoline and set the building on fire, trapping and asphyxiating dozens in what is believed to be a case of extortion.

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Times reported that the casino's owner had been located in the U.S. after fleeing Mexico in the wake of the blaze. He is expected to be interrogated, the newspaper said.