The Obama administration is downplaying its draft immigration proposal, saying it's only a plan B if lawmakers don't come up with their own sweeping bill.
The Obama administration is downplaying its draft immigration proposal, saying it’s only a plan B if lawmakers don’t come up with their own sweeping bill. The president’s plan obtained by USA Today would reportedly allow illegal immigrants to become legal permanent residents after eight years.
Here’s a look at some of the other headlines that caught our eye this afternoon. Tune in at 10pm ET on MSNBC.
- Obama’s plan sees 8-year wait for illegal immigrants
- Rep. Castor on what makes Latino voters tick
- Young mom killed hours after her sister heard Obama’s remarks on gun violence
- Paul Ryan stands by his praise for sequester
- Hillary Clinton heads to the speaking circuit
- Wait, did Karl Rove just endorse Hillary?
- Voting Rights Act heading to the Supreme Court
- Obama seeking to boost study of human brain
- New York Gov. Cuomo to introduce legislation strengthening abortion care
- Paul Krugman on the minimum wage
- Marco Rubio raises more than $100,000 off water bottle incident