/ Source: Martin Bashir
Missed the key crazy lines during day two of CPAC? We’ve got you covered.
Top stories: Missed the key crazy lines during day two of CPAC? We’ve got you covered.
- Mitch McConnell: “It may not seem like it now, but we’re actually winning.” (Jamil Smith)
- Mitt Romney name-checked CPAC-snubbed Chris Christie today. “We particularly need to hear from the governors from the blue and purple states, because those are the states we’re going to have to win to get back to the White House. People like Bob McDonnell, Scott Walker, John Kasich, Susanna Martinez, Chris Christie, Brian Sandoval.” (The Guardian)
- “Romney: ‘I may be a little biased, but I applaud the clear and convincing voice of my friend Paul Ryan.’ Ryan did NOT mention him earlier.” (James Hohmann)
- CPAC exchange: ‘Isn’t water a chemical? Asking you as a scientist…’ ‘Well I’m a political scientist’. (Elle Reeve)
- NRA’s Wayne LaPierre: “The one thing a violent rapist deserves to face is a good woman with a gun.” (Salon)
- “Wow, #cpac crowd really loves voter ID. Huge cheers as Haley says SC’s laws are in effect.” (Emily Schultheis)
- Panelist: “One of the biggest victims of the nanny alarmist state has been plastics” (Rosie Gray)
- C-PACker, upon hearing that Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, now supports gay marriage after his son came out: “Well what did Sen. Portman expect when he sent his son to Yale?” (Think Progress)
- “Donald Trump calls Anthony Weiner “a wack job pervert” at #CPAC press conference.” (James Hohmann)
- “Ok, I did hear that right MT @ezraklein: Trump’s example of what’s wrong with this country is he didn’t get a contract to build a ballroom.” (David Freddoso)
- Townhall.com’s editor-in-chief, ripped Donald Trump prior to introducing Rick Santorum: “Backstage, Romney just told me he thought my Trump riff was funny. Day made.” (Guy Benson)
- Here is the ripping in question: