[Top Links] Perhaps Virginia’s governor should have asked President Obama for advice on a refi during the latter’s housing Q&A with Zillow.com today.
Top Story: Perhaps Virginia’s governor should have asked President Obama for advice on a refi during the latter’s housing Q&A with Zillow.com Wednesday.
- The AP is reporting that Bob McDonnell is restructuring loans and refinancing his private residence for some quick cash. (The Associated Press)
- The reason he’s “squeezing cash” is to repay the benefactor who showered him with some very questionable gifts. (Jeff Schapiro)
- That would be the same businessman who’s reportedly been cooperating with federal prosecutors in a “fast-moving federal corruption probe.” (Rosalind Helderman)
- The businessman’s company “has given prosecutors access to corporate records and offered information from other company officials. … The cooperation is an ominous sign for McDonnell, suggesting that federal prosecutors are focused on trying to build a potential criminal case against him.”
- McDonnell’s daughter has even repaid the man for the $15,000 in catering he gave McDonnell her — making you think McDonnell and his whole family have now reached the Jump Into the Fire scenes from the end of Goodfellas. (Laura Vozzella)
- But “cash” is just part one of McDonnell’s plan. He also is planning a 7-day, 22-stop tour of the Commonwealth to rebuild trust with voters. Because that’s all it takes: seven days. (Ryan Nobles)