/ Source: Martin Bashir
No jobs report, no tweets from the U.S. Capitol account, and no variety of soups... thanks a lot, shutdown!
Turkey chili forever!
Breaking White House Soup of the Day news: It’s Turkey Chili today & from now on until the #shutdown ends— The Daily Rundown (@dailyrundown) October 4, 2013
- Is Speaker Boehner ready to blink? (Boston Globe)
- GOP mini-bills now at 11 as debt ceiling default becomes more of a reality (Reuters)
- No September jobs report released today because of the shutdown… (NY Times)
- During Thursday’s chaotic scene at the Capitol, the @USCapitol Twitter account could not provide updates because of the shutdown. (@NishaChittal)
- Rep. Randy Neugebauer, R-Tx., confronted a park ranger, “blaming her for the closure he voted for and telling her that she should be ashamed of herself.” (Huffington Post)
- Rep. Tim Griffin, R-Ark., blasted President Obama and Nancy Pelosi Thursday just moments after shots were reportedly fired outside of the Capitol on Thursday. He’s since apologized. (Washington Post)
- Texas State Senator Wendy Davis of filibuster fame is running for governor. (Politico)
- The government may be shut down, but Tropical Storm Karen is still raging on. (NBC News)