From the government shutdown to the Supreme Court, here are a few links to get your day going.
John Kerry & Vladimir Putin admire each others' shirts at Asia Pacific summit in Bali. http://t.co/zEsG99C8xLpic.twitter.com/SRD1p6ArQq— Jim Roberts (@nycjim) October 8, 2013
- Just how bad is the shutdown for the Republican Party? This poll says it all. (Washington Post)
- $10 million private donation reopens Head Start in six states (Huffington Post)
- Black bikers push back against ‘gang’ tag after SUV clash on a New York City highway (The Grio)
- A guide to the campaign finance case political watchdogs are dubbing the “next Citizens United (Mother Jones)
- China’s message to the U.S.: Get your fiscal house in order (The Independent)
- So, Ted Cruz…”What’s it like to be the most hated man in America?” (Huffington Post)
This day in history: Arnold Schwarzenegger officially won the California gubernatorial recall election 10 years ago today.