Schwan’s Food Manufacturing Inc. is recalling thousands of frozen egg rolls, spring rolls, tacos and pizza twists because they may contain glass fragments, the government says.
Products made in Schwan’s Minh plant in Pasadena, Texas, were first recalled Jan. 19 after the company received six complaints from people who founds shards of glass in their food, the Agriculture Department said.
After receiving a complaint about a product not on the original list, the company this week expanded its nationwide recall to include several more items produced at the plant in November
Some of the food was sold to school cafeterias, though it was unclear where. A message left with the Marshall, Minn.-based company was not immediately returned on Wednesday.
No one has reported any injuries, the company said in a statement.
Agriculture Department announced late Monday that Schwan’s was recalling 191,033 pounds of frozen egg rolls, tacos and pizza twists, bringing the recall total since January to more than 350,000 pounds.
Schwan’s said in a separate notice Tuesday that it was working with the Food and Drug Administration, which handles seafood and non-meat products, to recall vegetable and shrimp rolls produced at the same Minh plant in November.
This week’s recalled products, with date codes:
- 11-ounce packages of Pagoda white meat chicken egg roll, 384313.
- 11-ounce packages of Pagoda savory pork and vegetable egg roll, 384313.
- 11-ounce packages of Pagoda sweet and sour chicken egg roll, 384313.
- 20-ounce packages of Tony’s pizza twists, sausage and pepperoni, 384313.
- 15.75-pound cases of Minh egg rolls with pork and vegetable protein product, 384313 or 384315.
- 6.4-ounce packages of Pagoda savory pork mini egg rolls, 384314.
- 36-ounce packages of Jade Mountain Classic egg rolls with pork and textured vegetable protein product, 110904 or 384314.
- 6.4-ounce packages of Pagoda white meat chicken mini egg rolls and textured soy flour, 384314.
- 11-ounce packages of Heb Classic Selections white meat chicken and textured soy flour egg rolls, with “Use By” code 03/09/05.
- 13.5-pound cases of Lotus Garden egg rolls, pork and textured vegetable protein product, 384315.
- 9.75-pound cases of Coyote Grill taco chalupa cheese, cooked beef patty crumbles and sauce in a taco shell, 384313 or 384314.
- 9.75-pound cases of Coyote Grill taco chalupa cheese substitute/cheese, cooked beef patty crumbles and sauce in a taco shell, 384315.
- 11-ounce packages of Pagoda Southwest style chicken egg rolls, 384313.
- 10-pound cases of Minh vegetable egg rolls, 384314.
- 10-pound cases of Minh mini vegetable egg rolls, 384315.
- 6.8-ounce packages of Pagoda vegetable spring rolls, 384314.
- 6.8 ounce packages of Pagoda shrimp spring rolls, 384315.
Schwan’s urged consumers to not eat the food and return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. The company said it is contacting distributors and retailers.
More information is available by contacting Schwan’s at 1-800-551-5961, weekdays 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST.