A cat in Nevada is recovering from a foray atop a power pole that left it jolted, frizzled and dazed — and with a little less fur.
Firefighters believe the cat touched a relay switch on the 25,000-volt line while checking out a bird’s nest. It fell from the 40-foot pole and sparked a fire outside a firehouse.
Firefighters found the singed cat near the base of the pole. They assumed it was dead, until they noticed it was breathing. They put it on a blanket and gave it oxygen.
It turns out the burns weren’t as serious as they looked. One of the firefighters says “the fire just burned all his hair off.”
The cat is expected to make a full recovery, and will be put up for adoption if no one claims it.