IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Indonesia frees man arrested over Bali blasts

Indonesian police have freed a man they had detained this week for suspected links to triple suicide bombings on the resort island of Bali, saying on Thursday there was no evidence he had any involvement.
/ Source: Reuters

Indonesian police have freed a man they had detained this week for suspected links to triple suicide bombings on the resort island of Bali, saying on Thursday there was no evidence he had any involvement.

Police had said the man, a construction worker from East Java province, was believed to have shared a house with one of the bombers in Bali. They had said he was their first arrest related to blasts at three restaurants on Oct. 1 that killed 20 people.

“He was released yesterday afternoon,” deputy national police spokesman Soenarko Artanto said by telephone, adding police would still keep an eye on the man, only identified by his initials HS.

Nearly 300 people have been questioned so far over the blasts, police said.