"Music can be interpreted in any way. I try to make music that's universal to every aspect ... The one obvious message is my identity. I want my identity to be known with my music. This turban and beard, I feel like, is a big part of why I am where I am today. So even though I'll do a 'Hotline Bling' cover, the fact that there's aspects of the music that are foreign and even the aspects of me — the way I look — I think that makes a difference because it's something people haven't seen, and it's something people need to see." -Raginder "Raaginder Violinder" Singh
"Beyond Belief" is a five-part series on "NBC Asian America Presents...," a digital video channel that will feature original content centered around themes and voices found in Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. "NBC Asian America Presents..." videos can also be watched on NBC Asian America's Facebook page, NBC News' official YouTube channel, and the NBC News app available on mobile devices, Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
Catch up on more videos online at NBCAsianAmericaPresents.com.
WATCH MORE "BEYOND BELIEF":
- Episode 1: For Rapper G Yamazawa, Art 'Is a Spiritual Process'
- Episode 2: DJ Mark Redito Is Building Community Through Music, Faith
- Episode 3: Artist-Activist Taz Ahmed Is Creating Spaces for the South Asian, Muslim Community
- Episode 4: From Classical Music to 'Hotline Bling,' Meet the Sikh American Violinist Creating 'Universal Music'
- Episode 5: Twins, Artists Share How Faith Has Shaped Their Work and Life Stories
Follow NBC Asian America on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.