Breaking News Emails
Filipinos Americans make up the second-largest Asian population in the U.S., but at the same time, Filipino food is not seen as "mainstream" as other Asian cuisines. But in New York City's Lower East Side, chef Nicole Ponseca, CEO and owner of modern Filipino restaurants Maharlika and Jeepney, is looking to change the conversation.
"Take Back" is a five-part series on "NBC Asian America Presents...," a digital video channel that will feature original content centered around themes and voices found in Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. "NBC Asian America Presents..." videos can also be watched on NBC Asian America's Facebook page, NBC News' official YouTube channel, and the NBC News app available on mobile devices, Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
Catch up on more videos online at NBCAsianAmericaPresents.com.
WATCH MORE "TAKE BACK":
- Episode 1: Run River North Is Making Music, Sharing Stories
- Episode 2: Young Adults Speak Out About Encountering Islamophobia
- Episode 3: Where Do Stereotypes About Asian-American Men Come From?
- Episode 4: How the Model Minority Myth Hurts Asian-American Elders
- Episode 5: Nicole Ponseca Aims to Bring Filipino Food 'to the Masses'