Charlotte police on Friday said they would release all of the body cam and dashcam video recorded during the fatal shooting of Keith Lamont Scott by a police officer.
A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department statement said Scott's family had requested in writing that all of the video taken of the deadly Sept. 20 encounter. The statement said all of the video would be made public after Scott's family views it next week.
The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department released portions of dashcam and bodycam videos last week that it said was relevant to the shooting.
Scott's family has said that he had suffered a traumatic brain injury and has questioned whether he had a gun at the time of the shooting. But police released a photo of a handgun last week that they said Scott was holding when he was shot by Officer Brentley Vinson.
The videos release last week do not clearly show if Scott was holding anything, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Chief Kerr Putney said before the videos were released.
The shooting caused days of sometimes violent protests in the city.