Richie Incognito, whose alleged harassment of teammate Jonathan Martin ignited a national firestorm about workplace bullying, hazing and locker room culture, took to Twitter Wednesday to endorse Martin's return to the NFL.I support @J_Martin71 100% in his return to football in 2014, Incognito wrote.
Martin told NBC Sports' Tony Dungy last month that he missed the sport ever since he left the Miami Dolphins in October after feeling overwhelmed from what he described as a continued hazing campaign on the part of his teammates. "I'm ready to get back to football," Martin said.
Incognito's tweets came as the league formally lifted his three-month suspension -- a technicality that the two sides agreed on months ago and allows Incognito to gain unrestricted free agent status in the off-season. The Dolphins had said they do not plan on re-signing Incognito.
The NFL's independent investigation into the bullying incident is expected to be completed soon.