Breaking News Emails

Get breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.
 / Updated 
By Elisha Fieldstadt

A Las Vegas hotel pool deck that caught fire, clouding The Strip with heavy smoke, reopened Sunday — less than 24 hours after the dramatic blaze.

The Cosmopolitan Hotel’s Bamboo Pool deck, which could be seen after the fire Saturday with charred palm trees and cabanas, reopened at 10 a.m. Sunday, according to a statement from the hotel.

A bar on the deck and some guest rooms near the pool remained closed, but all other areas affected by the fire were up and running, the statement said.

The fire, which was reported at about 12:15 p.m. Saturday, left two people with smoke inhalation injuries, according to the Clark County Fire Department. One was transported to the hospital.

The investigation into the fire is ongoing, according to the statement from the Cosmopolitan.