Breaking News Emails
CAMDEN, Tenn. -- One of the men charged in connection with the murder of Holly Bobo — the 20-year-old nursing student whose remains were found this week, more than three years after she went missing under suspicious circumstances — said his life “will never be the same” and again denied seeing a cell phone video that purportedly shows what happened to the woman.
Authorities say Jeffrey Pearcy, 42, had a cell phone video that has evidence that would be helpful in the investigation into Bobo’s death. Pearcy denied it, and in he and his brother were charged with tampering with evidence. On Thursday, three days after Bobo's remains were found in a Tennessee woods, Pearcy said he never saw any video and that the charges have ruined his life. "If I'd seen a video like that it would go straight to law enforcement; it wouldn't matter who brought it to me," he told NBC News. "Wrong is wrong, regardless. I was brought up better than that."
Meantime, the charges have been devastating, he said. “My life will never be the same. I mean it’s taken everything from me. I can’t walk to a grocery store, I can’t do anything without people always stopping and whispering and saying this or that,” Pearcy said. "I worry about my safety sometimes around here..." said Pearcy. "I wonder ... if someone comes by my house if law enforcement would even come to save me or my kids."
Bobo disappeared from her Darden, Tennessee, home on April 13, 2011, and her remains were found in a wooded area in Decatur County on Sunday night and were identified the next day. Zachary Adams and Jason Autry were charged earlier this year with kidnapping and murder in her death. The remains were found about 10 miles from Adams’ house.
"I look forward to my day in court, because I want people to know the truth," Pearcy said.
- Holly Bobo's Family Says Killers Have 'Lost Their Souls'
- Missing Nursing Student Holly Bobo's Remains Found
- Two More Men Charged in Holly Bobo's Disappearance