Authorities are offering $130,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for a mass shooting in Miami that left at least two people dead and more than 20 others injured early Sunday.
"This is unacceptable," Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava told reporters Monday as the nation observed Memorial Day. "We should be remembering those who are lost, who've served our country, and instead, here we are standing, once again, for a terrible tragedy.
"We will do everything," she said, "everything we can, and use every resource available to bring these people to justice. We will leave no stone unturned. We will leave nothing behind to bring these shooters to justice."
Early Sunday, three people got out of an SUV and "began shooting indiscriminately into the crowd" outside a "scheduled event" at an establishment on 186th Street, in the Hialeah area west of Miami Gardens, Miami-Dade police said in a statement.
The venue was a banquet hall that had been rented out for a concert, NBC Miami reported.
New security video released by authorities Monday shows three people, who appear to be carrying guns, getting out of a white SUV and walking out of the frame. The people can be seen running back to the vehicle shortly afterward before driving away.
Investigators said Monday that they had found and recovered the vehicle submerged in a canal in Golden Glades. The Nissan Pathfinder was reported stolen May 15.
Authorities are offering a $30,000 reward for information leading to the shooters' arrests, with an additional $100,000 for their convictions. The $100,000 was donated by businessman and TV personality Marcus Lemonis, who has a reality show on CNBC.
Download the NBC News app for breaking news and politics
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue found two people dead and took eight others to hospitals, police said. At least 12 other victims went to the hospitals on their own. Three people were in critical condition.
The identities of those who were shot, who authorities said were ages 17 to 32, were not immediately released.
Rodney Thomas said his 27-year-old daughter Kadedra Thomas was shot multiple times in the back, but is expected to survive.
"I'm angry, I'm hurt, I'm relieved, I'm disappointed with the Black community, with our young people nowadays, how they just don't value life," Thomas said.
Angelica Green said her 24-year-old son called in the middle of the night to tell her he was on his way to the hospital.
"He called us frantic, telling us he had been shot, that it hurts, it hurts and that he loves us and wants us to know," Green told NBC Miami. "My husband is like, 'No, stay with us, stay with us.' We hop in the car and we're talking to him to keep him alert."
Green told The Miami Herald that her son underwent surgery and was stable.
Miami-Dade Police Director Alfredo "Freddy" Ramirez III said on Twitter that the incident was "another targeted and cowardly act of gun violence."
It was the second major shooting in the Miami area in as many days. One person died after seven people were shot Friday night, NBC Miami reported.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis called for a "swift and severe" response in a tweet Sunday.
"We mourn the loss of the two victims and are praying for the recovery of the more than 20 people injured at El Mula Banquet Hall near Hialeah," he said. "We are working with local authorities to bring justice to the perpetrators."
There were at least 200 mass shootings in the country in the first 132 days of this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive, a nonpartisan research group.