IE 11 is not supported. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser.

Paul Jackson, Suspect in Oregon Rape, Kidnap Cold Case, Arrested in Mexico

Oregon fugitive Paul Jackson has been arrested in Mexico after 25 years for allegedly kidnapping and raping two women with his half-brother.
We apologize, this video has expired.

A fugitive on the run for 25 years after he and his half-brother allegedly kidnapped and raped two women was arrested in Mexico on Monday, officials said.

Prosecutors say the dwelling near Portland, Oregon, where Paul Jackson and Vance Roberts allegedly chained up their victims for days was a "house of horrors," NBC station KGW reported.

Jackson vanished just before the pair were indicted for rape and kidnapping in June 1990. Roberts turned himself in to authorities in 2006 and is currently serving a 108-year prison term for kidnapping, rape, and other charges.

The U.S. Marshals Task Force traced Jackson to a hotel in downtown Guadalajara, where he was arrested by Mexican immigration officials, authorities said.

Jackson was using the alias Paul Bennett Hamilton and initially denied he was the suspect in the Oregon cold case — before fingerprints confirmed his identity, according to officials. It appeared he had been living in Mexico for "several years," the U.S. Marshals Service said in a statement.

Paul Jackson, who is a suspect in a June 1990 "house of horrors" case in Oregon, was arrested in Guadalajara, Mexico, on September 28, 2015.Hillsboro Police Department

Jackson, 45, was facing formal judicial proceedings before being deported from Mexico back to the U.S., the statement added.

"This was a long time coming," Sgt. Bruce Parks of the Hillsboro Police Department told KGW.

Jackson has been profiled several times on America's Most Wanted and was featured on CNN's "The Hunt With John Walsh" in July.

His 1990 indictment came after a 16-year-old allegedly escaped from the house in Hillsboro, a city west of Portland. She had been chained up for several days, police say.

Jackson also faces charges of failure to appear, a warrant that was issued in February 1991.