A woman is withdrawing a lawsuit accusing rapper Snoop Dogg and another man of sexually assaulting her after a concert nearly nine years ago.
Her attorney, Matt Finkelberg, filed a notice to withdraw the suit without prejudice Wednesday in U.S. District Court for Central California, according to court records. The filing did not detail why the suit was being dropped.
Finkelberg did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday.
“It is not surprising that the plaintiff dismissed her complaint against the defendants,” a spokesperson for Snoop Dogg said Thursday. “Her complaint was full of false allegations and deficiencies.”
The woman, identified only as Jane Doe, alleged that she was assaulted by Snoop Dogg and his friend, Donald Campbell, also known as Bishop Don Magic Juan, after a concert in May 2013.
Her complaint was filed in December through the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, but it had exceeded the statute of limitations for the administrative proceedings.
According to the initial lawsuit filing, the woman tried to resolve the issue in private mediation, but the discussions were “unsuccessful.”
The lawsuit made headlines in February as it was filed just days before Snoop Dogg performed in the Super Bowl halftime show and reported on a few hours before a news conference.
Snoop Dogg's representatives denied in a statement in February that he had had “any sexual encounter whatsoever” with the woman.
Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, and Campbell separately filed a motion to dismiss last month. Their attorneys said the allegations were false and that they lacked legal merit.
The motions said Jane Doe had failed to provide evidence that she was ever employed by Snoop Dogg and denied that she received any "quid pro quo" for the alleged sex acts.